Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
August 29, 2014, 10:06:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISING OF GOURB on GT-6  (Read 7467 times)
Tom#2-JP

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brjeVdiTa6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaviwkrbLn8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7dLsbi5Ho

They play GOURB with Console on GT-6.

twitter http://twitter.com/#!/tomsan223 (always using Japanese language)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »

Yes, I've seen these videos  Wink I'm preparing a topic for that  Roll Eyes

KinKin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »

I planned this.
There was two problem in this project.
1.Controller
2.Screen

The controller is not selling it. Therefore, it made it for myself.

The screen is divided with Scan Conveter (SONY DSC-1024).
This converter can convert the NTSC/PAL/RGB/YCbCr signal.
In a word, DVD etc can be seen in GT-6.

Details are the following URL.

Orignal Page(Japanese)
http://illegal-function.at.webry.info/200911/article_3.html

Englsh Page:(Auto translation)
http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fillegal%2Dfunction.at.webry.info%2F200911%2Farticle%5F3.html&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

It answers if there is a question.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »

Hello KinKin and a warm welcome to you, on this side of the earth  Kiss

Many thanks for the link on your project  Cool I'm sure it'll be very useful  Roll Eyes

I got the idea few years ago when I see an hack of the analog PSX sticks :

... into real GT6 controllers  Wink

I'm come back to you with a ton of question of course  Smiley

Thanks again for sharing this  Kiss

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

Hi KinKin & the G3 Japanse Team!

Regarding this picture  arrow

What is the component (hardware) used on the red spot (between the first DSC-1024 and the PSX) ? Why don't you send directly the PSX signal into the first DSC-1024 ?
Maybe can you take some pictures of all the connectivity around that hardware, but also the IN/OUT wires around both Sony DSC-1024 converter please? It would help me a lot  Smiley

funkycochise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »

amplifier.
as rgb for TV devices are 0.7 V, the red amplifier power up the signal to a 5V level
more suited for the scan converter, if I understand well.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »

Thanks Pierre  Wink Do you have an example (picture/ref) of a such converter? I would like to see how it looks like  Wink
For the Japanese team, can you take some closer pictures of your setup used for that conversion?  Kiss

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 08:02:06 AM »

Back on this! (some progress done more than one year ago, but didn't 'upgraded' this post oppps Tongue).

Ok, I got one of the two Sony DSC 1024 required for this project!  Kiss  arrow

Original price of the beast...$4,990  shock Yeps, real high end stuff, for professional use only!
Fortunately, this old converter is not as expensive nowadays... I don't remember the price paid... few hundreds of I would say...

The technical details :

The DSC-1024G scan converts, transcodes, standards converts, aspect ratio converts, line doubles and signal processes. The DSC-1024G has an added GENLOCK function which uses a black-burst signal applied as a genlock reference, so that the signal output can be synchronized to the reference. Up/Down Scan conversions: locks to and displays INPUT RANGE: H:15.6-70kHz, V:50-120 Hz and OUTPUTS: 15.6/31.5/37/48/64 kHz. Transcodes: To and from composite, Y/C, RGB and Y/R-Y/B-Y. Standards conversions: NTSC-PAL. Aspect ratio conversions: a wide range of aspect ratio conversions including 4:3, 16:9, 2:1, 1:85, 1:66 and more with On- Screen Display of aspect ratio. Line doubles: the horizontal scanning frequencies of 15.75/15.6 to 31.5 kHz for NTSC and PAL sources. Signal Processor: for up to a 4 x 4 video wall (requires one DSC-1024G per Display device). Additional function include: 4 internal test patterns, on- screen display in 5 languages, 3 line digital comb filter, freeze frame/still store, H & V shift and size, zoom and pan, aperture control, remote control capability with monitor and projector IDs via SIRCS, Display memories for storage of up to five sets of input/output selections, zooming size, H/V size and H/V position for later recall via on- screen menus. Compatibility with KV, CPD, GDM, PVM, PGM, VPH, VPL, AND RVP. Does not include Remote Control or Manual.

More here.

Ok, let's test that beast!

On the small TV, the entire picture coming from the PSX, on the PC monitor the 'left half' picture  arrow

Next steps... find an other ( shock) Sony DSC 1024 converter, and use the native RGB signal coming for the psx for having the best quality signal before processing.

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »

Ok, now I need to get the native RGB video signal coming from the PSX.

Got this adapter from Ultimarc :

This cable plugs into the PSX AV port. It includes a video amplifier which boosts the PS video signal. It also includes a sync separator circuit.

Perfect! Now I have to send the RGB signal intro the DSC, right here in the 'VIDEO 3 in' arrow

As you can see, the input connector is a DB15, so I'll have to create a custom cable in order to send the right signals into the right pins...and fortunately, the DSC manual is very well documented  Smiley  arrow

Done!  Cool

Everything is ready for the first test. Note that the purpose of this test is just to verify the DSC is able to handle the RGB signal coming from the PSX, via my custom adapter...

Yes!!!  Kiss  arrow

This is a good news. Now I'm sure I'll keep the best video signal possible to have coming from the PSX, until the last output devices : the video projectors.  Smiley

Next step : the second Sony DSC converter...

Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »

Nice result!!! Wink

Looking for a Zaccaria TRON!!!, Zaccaria Dodgem pcb.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »

And here's finally the *second* Sony DSC 1024 converter  Tongue

"SLI mode"  Grin  arrow

....ready to test...

Hell yeah! Main picture is divided in two  Smiley  arrow

Space Ace

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »

Impressive  Space Ace

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 04:44:27 PM »

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »

i have no idea what you are doing there, bruno, but it looks impressive, therefore arrow Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

looking for vector games: lunar lander / black widow / red baron / quantum / cosmic chasm
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 08:16:44 AM »

Grin

OK, in short : The Rising of Gourb is a bonus game that is specifically created for the PlayStation port of Galaxian3.
That mission is really awesome, and it deserves to be played inside the Theater.
The idea here is to be able to switch between the original hardware (for Dragoon and Zolgear missions), and the PSX for that 'third' *exclusive* mission : The Rising of Gourb.  Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: