Author Topic: Space Ace sequel : Kimberly's Quest  (Read 10788 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Space Ace sequel : Kimberly's Quest
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:02:08 PM »
Wow, you're my new HERO karcreat  8)

What a fantastic job done !!!

Too bad that the website hosting Kim's pictures & game clip are ofter in bandwith limit  :oops:
I'll be proud to host on this website all the clip & pictures of the game... Just waiting your agreement  :roll:

...too bad that Don Bluth doesn't let you finish that so nice fan game  :cry:
By the way, why did he ask to stop the production of  it ? Only for (c)opyright matter ?  Did he write you personaly  :?:  Please give more information  :?

Once again, I would be glad to post your Daphne/Kimbery work here  :wink:

Keep going your good work :!:  :!:  :!:

karcreat

• View Profile
    • http://www.karcreat.com
Re: Space Ace sequel : Kimberly's Quest
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:28:09 PM »
Quote from: "DarthNuno"
Wow, you're my new HERO karcreat  8)

What a fantastic job done !!!

Too bad that the website hosting Kim's pictures & game clip are ofter in bandwith limit  :oops:
I'll be proud to host on this website all the clip & pictures of the game... Just waiting your agreement  :roll:

...too bad that Don Bluth doesn't let you finish that so nice fan game  :cry:
By the way, why did he ask to stop the production of  it ? Only for (c)opyright matter ?  Did he write you personaly  :?:  Please give more information  :?

Once again, I would be glad to post your Daphne/Kimbery work here  :wink:

Keep going your good work :!:  :!:  :!:

Thanks!
Feel free to post anything you like here, Im fine with it...;)
As far as the 'backstory' to the whole incident (as to why I cant finish the game)...I wrote Don Bluth LTD as I was about halfway thru making the first level, sent them a few screen shots and a link to my page where I have the art up, etc...
http://www.geocities.com/mkhthacres/SpaceAce2.html

...their reply (from a rep on his staff, NOT from him personally, of course!) was to ask me NOT to do the game, as they dont approve of folks using their characters, etc.

I stated that this was a 'fan game', NOT for profit...they stated they 'didnt care about that', they just didnt want me doing it.
They didnt even want to see what I had finished so far, didnt even want to LOOK at it, I was pretty disappointed, as the whole reason I had started the project was to get Don Bluths opinion on it (hell, if someone were to do something that involved as a fanwork based on MY characters, and they asked me to look it over, I would be honored and THRILLED...but not so as far as Bluth was concerned, I guess.)

Anyway, to make a long story short (I know, I know...'Too Late!') I gave up on it, as the main reason I STARTED it all was to get some feedback from Bluth, and since he was so 'non-interested' I figured 'why bother?'

Still, I DID actually create a fully playable Level One to the game...and I learned how to do it, so I will endevor to create my OWN animated movie game, like Space Ace/Dragons Lair, using my OWN characters from my STARtoons comics instead!
For more on STARtoons, look here...
http://www.karcreat.com/STARtoonsMovieInfo.html

Thanks again for the positive response...pretty much, thats actually all I had hoped for from Don Bluth...;)
I guess you could say I've lost a lot of interest/respect for Mr Bluth since all this started...too bad, his animation still rocks, but his production company are sortta a bunch of  'downers'...;)

K
Karstens Creations Website
www.karcreat.com
"WORLD DOMINATION? Please! I'll leave that to the Religious Nuts and the Republicans, thank you..."
--'The Monarch', Venture Brothers