Author Topic: Restoration - Donkey Kong cabinet  (Read 78080 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration - Donkey Kong cabinet
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
very nice job! def. deserve a  :spaceace: :!: :!: :!:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
I tried to add some extra functionality to the DK cab today. A coathanger:

Hm, doesn't look good, have to remove it again I suppose.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »
did you also made a smiley on donkey kongs face? :o
nice shot with those 2 classic cabs next to eachother :ghost: :ghost:
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
Yes, I did put a smiley on DK's face, just for fun. But it’s on the masking vinyl.

This morning I removed the vinyl from the second sidepanel, and the result is as stunning as the first panel. I also painted the frontpanel. Everything is perfect.

I have finished all wood rerstoration and blue painting. Next target: control panel and shelf above the panel (where the sticker is).

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »
good job !

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »
The restoration of Donkey Kong is almost finished.  ;D The last few days I repainted the control panel and the shelf above it with satin gloss black. It turned out very nice. Then I installed a new marquee light which I got from Mike’s Arcade. It’s a few inches taller than the original, non-working one, and now the marquee gets a more even spread lighting. Next I applied the new sticker set and instruction card, and yesterday I put all the parts on and in her again. The monitor is still out though. I first have to find a decent final place in the house where she can shine. But that’s still a discussion, if you know what I mean.  ::)

Only thing left to do is the coin door. It will get repaired by a metal worker and I will soon take it to him together with some parts of Centipede and Vanguard (fresh paint on metal parts). I am still waiting for some new coin door parts from AS USA, but due to difficult communication this takes a bit longer than expected. And that is all because AS USA has the parts, but can’t accept international payment (never heard of Paypal I guess), and AS UK will accept EU payment, but doesn’t have the parts! I am still on it and hopefully I will have them soon.

Another (final) purchase for this cab is a stepdownconverter. I have one, but it is taken by my New Astro City. Does anyone know of a cheap place in Holland where to get them, on the internet?

OK, enough talk, here are some pictures:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »
beautiful!!! simply beautiful!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
I got a spare 2way converter, PM me with a offer, im sure we can work things out

i need to look the specs at home, but it can do both ways, so 110 --> 220 and 220 --> 110

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
awesome job!!! looks like new, have to put on some glasses  8)

however, i'm still no fan of the position of the instruction sticker. i know it's original, but i would put this thing either in the middle or to the left. the way it is now it seems completely out of alignment!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »

however, i'm still no fan of the position of the instruction sticker. i know it's original, but i would put this thing either in the middle or to the left. the way it is now it seems completely out of alignment!

As you said, it's the original position. And this is an original cab. Sometimes originality goes before beauty.

But still, she has become very nice, I can't understand why the living room is a no go area for her according to my wife.  :(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
I've been lucky about that last thing in the past, but now I've got the gameroom I'm not allowed to put any cabs in the house anymore.

But I guess I will have to make a devious plan to get my Berzerk in my home for some time.......

The DK looks lovely ! I want to play ! :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »
So gorgeous...

...I'm in love  :-*

Congrats!

:spaceace:

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:21 PM »
Great job Ckong !!!  :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
Stunning dude, you derserve a lot of credit for your persistance and resourcefulness.
And indeed don't compromise the location where art goes. Good call.

You make this previous owner proud.

Altough this woody-fever is hitting you like a tonnalead ...... can see you selling your candies in the future .......
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »

Altough this woody-fever is hitting you like a tonnalead ...... can see you selling your candies in the future .......

Don't think so. I like both styles, it's just that my gaming roots are at the classic cabs. But modern games, Cave mostly, have to be played on a Candy cab.