Author Topic: Road Trip Report for a Donkey Kong Cab  (Read 28968 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trip Report for a Donkey Kong Cab
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 10:52:38 AM »
Congrats, nice to know that there are still some DK's in Europe.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »
OK, today the second and final part of the DK roadtrip. As I told yesterday she had to spend the night in my car. The reason for this was that I wanted to take her out somewhere, in fact I took her to:

I left her in the car (yes Bruno, I used my brains  ;) ) got in and walked to the paint department. I asked the girl over there to take her little color scanner

and to walk with me outside in order to scan the color of the cab. So she did:

When we walked back in I said to her what a nice thing a color scanner is. But she replied with the words that the scanner is not always correct!!  :o It often has a severe mismatch. Wow. She searched the right color from the code on the scanner, but I saw immediately that it was not correct. Too dark.  >:( Then she said that it could also be this (?) and she showed me a color which could be right.

I took the color strip outside to the cab, and as far as I could see it should be the right color. I went back inside and ordered half a liter semi glossy paint in that color. After mixing and shaking the paint was ready.

Of course I first will try the paint on a piece of wood to check if the color is really correct. Then I went home again to finally unload her.

I gently lifted here up and carried here over the doorstep. She finally was in my house.

This is the end of my road trip report. I already took a lot of other pics, some of them will be posted in the restorastion topic.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
i was told that those scanners at the huge home depots don't produce convincing results - they are cheap machines which don't cost a lot of money. the guy where i get my colors from had one of those in his shop. it cost around 500 euros and after doing some scans he gave it as a present to a friend because the results were useless. everytime i need a color scanned these days he sends my original piece to someone else who has a 12000 euro machine and within one day he gets the results back. :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »
Guess what happened: my lovely wife paint the whole cab black and my laptop with this story babyblue, also the screen. Tonight I will have to sleep in the car next to my lovely cab, but I do not know this yet.... ;D

EDIT: guess what happened: I went to the Chinese to get some food and my wife took over the notebook. so please don't believe what she wrote. although she doesn't understand my drive, she will not harm DK and I can sleep at the usual place.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:54:50 PM by ckong »

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »
haha your account was still logged in.  :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Kick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
Hello,
I know it has been a while ago but i was wondering if you still got the DK cab?
I am also from the netherlands and searching for a long time for a DK.
But do you want to sell it to me ? and what kind of price do you want for it?

I do also understand if you want to keep it.

Kind regards

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
See the road trip report topic, where you posted the same question.  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
Uhh....he PMed me for cabs too.....not sure if we can trust this new guy. Not saying he can't be trusted but he only just registered (july 1st) and starts asking to buy cabs "everywhere". Go with caution...

Kick....if you're to be trusted..first step is to put some kind of introduction up here.....

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
same happened to me. got a request for some cabs from him.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
I "met" him on Marktplaats while selling my Funhouse pinball machine. Through messaging he asked me about my other cabinets that I have for sale.
Got a little tired of it, he was so time consuming :) so pointed him to this forum and told about the containers from COW :)

Think he can be trusted, he's seems just a little over enthusiastic :)
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
I "met" him on Marktplaats while selling my Funhouse pinball machine. Through messaging he asked me about my other cabinets that I have for sale.
Got a little tired of it, he was so time consuming :) so pointed him to this forum and told about the containers from COW :)

Think he can be trusted, he's seems just a little over enthusiastic :)

Exactly the same happened with me and Kick on marktplaats when I was selling Pleiads last year. I got a bit tired of him (sorry Kick) and finally told him to be patient and that I would think of him when I would sell my DK or ms. pac-man. But that is not necessary anymore, now that Kick is on the forum (Hi, Kick).