Author Topic: Amidar  (Read 29281 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Amidar
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 06:37:36 PM »
arcade rule #43: never put arcade machines in the bedroom!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
If you can, find anywhere (climate controlled if possible) to store/hide them, untill you have space :D

::: Always ALWAYS :::  Clean them out with an air gun  inside and out to avoid bringing pests, silverfish especially into your game room!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »
Can this be the most "northern" game yet ? ;)

Take lots of roadtrip pics, I'm pretty sure the Swedish country-side looks beautiful !

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 10:03:41 PM »

Take lots of roadtrip pics, I'm pretty sure the Swedish country-side looks beautiful !

This could be nice in a way I think, I'm going here: http://www.hitta.se/LargeMap.aspx?var=karlskoga  F**K! looking on that map, it's not 500 km, it's 700 kms up and then back!

Okey, I'll rent the car for 24 hours, and going up and back should be possible in 24 hours... hmmmm

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »
The car have been booked in my name, space in the kitchen have been cleared and cleaned up. (will have to move a sega monitor tomorrow)

I'm all set. More info [watch this space].

I think it could be time for my first  spaceace: :spaceace: (officially happy)

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
Here is a film the seller made of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VpCj3ax3G8

Looks nice, with a nice clean unburnt monitor, there are 2 nasty damages on one side, where the lower one is the one to be afraid of, and at the end you can hear how the sound is bad and only pulsating instead of playing the sounds/music.

but considering the price of €70 that is nothing to talk about.

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it... *more of that stpuid dance*

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »
I'm so excited, I just can't hide it... *more of that stpuid dance*

sounds like you would be the perfect candidate for our MJ video. we now have already two new members: JG and Bruno. welcome aboard!

looking forward to your roadtrip. go to bed early  8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
looking forward to your roadtrip. go to bed early  8)

Yes, that is the plan, after work tomrrow, go home - clean up some more, and then to bed.

I'll make a small "road trip pack", with a blanket (so that I can store the game in the back with out worries), maybe some lunch (or I might get some mold), pack a camera, and then pack some CDs.

One thing that would have been such a laugh, is from my last Road trip where i picked up my Mr. and Mrs. Pacman, I'd love to have made a picture series of that here, since it was only 20 kms away.

But this time it's the real deal.

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:14 AM »
I'm so dissapointed the trip-meter in the rental car turned over at 999.9 km. But it was fun coming home, and outside the apartments where a bunch of loud young guys that where getting their bikes to go downtown, I park the car, slide out my game, locks the car and wheel the game indoors. From have beeing very loud they went completly silent and as the door closed I heard a faint voice saying something like "THAT, was pretty cool". Mission accomplished!  ;D

1.229,1 Kms traveled. Have some rather bad pictures in my iPhone that I'll try to show you, but not now, now is bedtime...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:06:33 AM by JG »

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 01:05:52 AM »

Might very well be, the seller informed me that he had picked it up in Bollnäs some years ago.  :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 06:39:35 AM »
I'm so dissapointed the trip-meter in the rental car turned over at 999.9 km. But it was fun coming home, and outside the apartments where a bunch of loud young guys that where getting their bikes to go downtown, I park the car, slide out my game, locks the car and wheel the game indoors. From have beeing very loud they went completly silent and as the door closed I heard a faint voice saying something like "THAT, was pretty cool". Mission accomplished!  ;D

1.229,1 Kms traveled. Have some rather bad pictures in my iPhone that I'll try to show you, but not now, now is bedtime...

Well done  & congratulation JG  :-*

Take some rest and of course...  :arrow: now we are all waiting for a complete report, even with bad pictures  ::) :P :-*

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »
Congrats !, time to rest for you , and then ...  PICTURETIME at DLF.com !  :spaceace:

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
cool, I read in the YouTube comments he got it originally from Germany
nice side art, with that funky monkey
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Okey, let's have some pictures. It's kind of disorganized at the moment, I'll post them with a few comments on each and hopefully they'll get in a somewhat decent order compared to what happend.

And since the pictures from my iPhone turned out more or less crappy, I've added a few bonus pictures that I took today, to fill out.. Hope that is OK.

OK, first try to post a picture, this was the route Going north:

and as you may notice, the road is not the shortest one, I made a huge misstake and ended up in Norrköping, that gave me about 100 kms extra on the way up and made everything late.

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »
So let's have one early picture of the trip-meter:

I might be just into retro or just plain stupid but for a GPS I thought it would be enough if I had the sellers details (slightly censored in the picture) and a list of towns to aim for as I went past the highway:

worked out well, headed off, and after 2 hours paid €3.3 for the worst coffee ever: *cough*RIP-OFF*cough*