Author Topic: Hello All!!!  (Read 10434 times)

Bods

• View Profile
Hello All!!!
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »
What a great site and forum you have here.  :D

I found it after recently picking up  an  Atari Dragon's Lair Cab, gonna be one big project but I had to save it.  

It has been wiried to Jamma, looks like the original monitor and transformer block still present, original control panel (with a few extra holes) coin door and mech. I have got a few ARII pcbs and a Sony Lasermax DLP-1550P Player.

I need to get hold of a Euro Pal Main PCB and a Pal Laserdisc to get it to a working state, obviously going to need a few more bits like joystick, start buttons and artwork etc.

I have quite a few machines now, how do you get picks on here?

Chris

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Hello All!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:01:34 AM »
Hi Bods,

Welcome to the 'European Side' of the Dragon  :lol:  8)

Congratulation for your Atari Dragon's Lair cab... the best, the only one, the non-emulate one (... well for us, european guy I mean...)  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Of couse, you MUST save that baby  :shock:

I often see PAL LD on german ebay, about one every two month  :wink:
It's mostly the LDG disc version.
Sidearts and control Panel repro are easy to find :  http://arcaderenovations.com/store/home.php

... I never saw an Atari DL pcb on ebay :-( I'm affraid about mine when I'll get problem on it ( I cross the fingers it won't happen soon ).
US PCB is easy to find anyway.

You can send me as many pictures as you want, I'll host them on this website    :)

Please show us  your Atari Cab  
 :P  :P  :P

How many Atari Cab in UK by the way  :?:  :roll:  :?:  :roll:     :lol:

Bods

• View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:28:05 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome Nuno.   :)

I shall email you some pics of the Atari Cab, be warned though....it is not a good sight :shock:

They seem to be quite rare here in the UK, not sure how many exist but I've only seen the odd one on ebay, not sure if they were atari though

I am please you talk about those LDG Pal Discs......I was close to buying one from Germany but after translating the text to English i was unsure about it with reference to the Amiga....would I be able to use one of those LDG Pal Discs in my DL cab with the same setup are you have?

BTW I enjoyed your trip to pick up your DL cab  :)  :)

I see you have good taste in Arcade Machines, I have just bought a Atari System 1 Marble Madness machine, I really like the Indiana Jones and Road Runner also and will be trying to get hold of the parts.

Other machines I currently have are

2x Sega OutRun Sitdown Deluxe Sims

Sega Space Harrier Moving Sim

Sega Rail Chase 2 DX 50" Screen

Taito Chase HQ Sitdown Cockpit

Taito Operation Wolf

Taito The Ninja Warriors 3 Monitor (told it was shipped over from Germany with a bunch of machines, it's not the Uk or US version anyway, no info on it at all, the marquee says Negro on it and thats all I have, is that a arcade machine company over there like we have Electrocoin and the US have Romstar?)

Atari Marble Madness

oh and a Spanish OutRun upright :?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »
Quote from: "Bods"

I am please you talk about those LDG Pal Discs......I was close to buying one from Germany but after translating the text to English i was unsure about it with reference to the Amiga....would I be able to use one of those LDG Pal Discs in my DL cab with the same setup are you have?

Yeps, you'll be able to use PAL Philips or PAK LDG laser disc with an euro DL pcb, but If you haven't the original Dragon's Lair LD player, you'll need to built the Matteo's "EURODL" cutom card interface like I did here :

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43

WOW  :shock:  you've very great cabs too  :shock:  :)

a Sega Space Harrier Moving Sim and ... a Marble Madness  :P  :P  :P  

IMPRESSIVE  :)

Ok, now where are the pictures  :mrgreen:  :?:

SPACE HARRIER

• View Profile
    • http://gunners-club.1up.com/
Hello All!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »

Other machines I currently have are

2x Sega OutRun Sitdown Deluxe Sims

Sega Space Harrier Moving Sim

Sega Rail Chase 2 DX 50" Screen

Taito Chase HQ Sitdown Cockpit

Taito Operation Wolf

Hello bods..i see you have a full size SPACE HARRIER cabin.. greatest sega game ever...have you played PLANET HARRIERS? ..would like to know how it plays?

TNT , :wink:
IED 777 times,but i'm still alive!

Bods

• View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 12:22:10 AM »
Hi guys

I haven't played a Planet Harriers mate, I'll ask another Space Harrier fan I know, he holds the world record score on SH.

I have good news on my DL cab, I have now got a Euro Pal Main PCB for it  :D  I also got some Space Ace Roms  :D  :D

I see your trip to the UK again for the SA cab Nuno, looks like you are going to be very busy with that one, I thought mine was bad!!!!

I shall get some pics sorted very soon, whats best...email them to you?

Speak soon all

Chris

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 10:59:54 AM »
Hi guys
I have good news on my DL cab, I have now got a Euro Pal Main PCB for it  :D  I also got some Space Ace Roms  :D  :D

Great new :P  Euro board is hard to find ! I never see one on ebay... and with your Space Ace roms, it'll be perfect  :o  Lucky Man :roll:  :wink:

I see your trip to the UK again for the SA cab Nuno, looks like you are going to be very busy with that one, I thought mine was bad!!!!

LOL, I agree... I 've started the restoration of it... a lot of wood damages :-( I never have to work on such wood restoration  :?  A good challenge for a Space Ace die hard fan like  me  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I shall get some pics sorted very soon, whats best...email them to you?

Yes, please send me pictures  at   :arrow:  webmaster@dragonslairfans.com

I really need to see good SA restoration... I need a MAX of motivation  :roll:  :wink:

Thanks Chris

Bods

• View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »
I have some good and bad news again

I have the PCB and also managed to get an original philips DL laser disc, just played the LD in my sony lasermax and it was going fine but gets to one part and stutters for a while but keeps going slowly, the disc has cleaned up very good as far as I can see but there is one small scratch a few mm long around the way the disc is read, is it possible to get that scratch polished out, it's not very deep.

Also now I have the PCB I can see some of the wiring has been hacked and I'm missing the main connector that plugs into the PCB, I need to get a connector from somewhere and rewire it :(  :(

Any way...I will deffo get some pics very soon :D

Chris

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
Hello All!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
welcome bods   :D

i see that you have an operation wolf

GREAT GAME  8)  i,m sure you're in good hands with NUNO for restoring your laser cab  :wink:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Hello All!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:55:17 AM »

Also now I have the PCB I can see some of the wiring has been hacked and I'm missing the main connector that plugs into the PCB, I need to get a connector from somewhere and rewire it :(  :(

Yeps Bods... great to see that you really want to play Dragon's Lair on the original hardware  8)
You can skip the Philips LD player, and go directly with your Sony LaserMax. You just have to build the Matteo's EURODL interface, like I did :

...with the Sony LD player, you'll have a more reliable player than the old philips one...

:roll: or you can wait for the upcoming 'Laser Bridge' hardware, see details here : https://www.dragonslairfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104

:wink:

For the pcb wiring, you can download the Euro Manual available at the dlp website  :wink:

Wanna see some pictures now  :roll:  :wink:  :)

Oh, by the way, feel free to ask any technical question on the 'Technical Area' on this website... we have 2 magicians here  :wink:  8)

I agree with arcadefever... Operation Wolf is a greaaat game  :P  :P  :P