Author Topic: Warehouse Raid - Part V  (Read 43448 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Warehouse Raid - Part V
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
Anyway, I really hope the four of us can have a good laugh about this all with some beer in hand in the near future....there was stress all over the place and LOADS of trucks driving past at 85km/h isn't helping to feel relaxed either.

+1  :)

Laschek

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 11:02:27 PM »
Yeah the holes in roads are everywhere since this winter it's terrible. Risking our lives, yes it did feel a bit like it, but you were actually much more at risk....I was CONSTANTLY watching the on-coming traffic. I witnessed a truck hitting a broken down vehicle on the shoulder a couple years back, and I can tell you that is a picture that is burnt in my brain. I was scared to death right there and I'm pretty much it showed all over....(I don't think I actually spoke very much)...

To be honest, I didn't give shit about the traffic, my concerns were about different matters, so I didn't notice if you said anything or not :D  ;) Too bad actually, as I hoped to discuss the Klov PCB deal with you, so what...  :D ;)

I also felt like some drugs-couriers when Ully and I exchanged parcels right there !!! It was nuts....indeed a shame to meet you Laschek for the first time like that and of course Ully again....

I bought a seat for my van in the same style, just beside the motorway, exchange money/goods - no questions asked  :D strange but alright ;)

I can imagine how you guys felt after such a long time and struggling with the stuff. But seriously, get some ADAC membership esp. with a van like this....what if it had been 300 km. from us ?

Thing is: I normally don't do big travels with that van, especially not abroad (first time!), this road trip was one BIG exception and it went bad...! Hm, not really bad, I had a big laugh about some details  ;D
I am the guy who usually stays at home (I never attend Capt. Kirk & Luigis Daddeltreffen which is 50 km from me  :o) and maybe I should just stick to it...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:05:37 PM by Laschek »

Laschek

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:28 PM »
Anyway, I really hope the four of us can have a good laugh about this all with some beer in hand in the near future....there was stress all over the place and LOADS of trucks driving past at 85km/h isn't helping to feel relaxed either.

Never say never...

atarikid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »
Moeten gullie niet werken? ;)

Moet jij niet naar Nederlandse les ? ;)

Gullie = Antwaarps :)
Coder of EasyMame
- Pinball Star Trek NG
- Mame cabinet

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
Any special signification  ::):arrow:

In French, it means 'lives'  :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
In Dutch it means 'dirty', and the cab really was very dirty. It collected more than 30 years of dust and dirt, never has seen a cleaning cloth. But I'm sure that it will shine someday again.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
Heya guys, back from skiing holiday ! And yes, I can still play my cabs :D

The VP is by far the dustiest (I guess it's not really dirty, but dusty) cab I've acquired so far. The more fun it will be to get that dust off.....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 09:51:02 PM »
Heya guys, back from skiing holiday !

I didn't see you on tv this week. Not qualifief I suppose?   :lol: :lol:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 11:55:13 PM »
Heya guys, back from skiing holiday !

I didn't see you on tv this week. Not qualifief I suppose?   :lol: :lol:
No, once again, Speed Skiing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_skiing) was not one of the Olympic Sports, so why bother ? ;)
I mean, turning corners is for sissies.

:D ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
FINALLY had some time to check out the parts that Ully kindly had powdercoated for me (and they were handed over on the side of that highway ;D).

What can I say, just like all Ully's powdercoated parts show, it is looking fabulous !!!

Here's some pics, I now see there are still some dust particles bet these come from the protective stuff around....should have removed it first before taking the pics I gues...o well, you can see the quality just as well !

The "matt" powdercoated stuff. SW cockpit but also Euro-Joust retainers:

Can someone explain me why I handed in that coin-door incl. all those holes ?!??!?! The coin door ring above is from the Euro-Joust the rest SW cockpit...

See if you can find your favorite parts: original Pac Man joystick, Missile Command caberet, Euro-Joust lower coin door, and the rest SW cockpit parts of course !

Yum yum !!

Yum yum yum !!!!

Lower Euro-Joust coin door:

Pac Joystick:

All in all, brilliant work !!! Thanks Ully for helping with this !!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:59:17 PM by Level42 »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
The result of that 'powdercoat' technique is simply perfect!  :o  :-*
I've to find someone in my area who's doing that job...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 08:25:43 AM »
hey andré! those came out really nice, i didn't see all of it since it was already back in the bags when i picked the stuff up. that powdercoating is "fantabulous", i've just recently dropped of a new bunch of parts ;)

fortunately, the price has stayed the same so far.

unfortunately, the powdercoating guy can't (won't) do very small parts like coin door covers, that's why he recommended me something like this: http://www.ote.ag/pulverdesign/product_info.php?info=p265_Deluxe-Pulverbeschichtungsset.html  :arrow: a powdercoating set for home use. he told me that those things work well and you can put the powdercoated stuff in your oven for the burning process. i'm seriously thinking about getting one. the only problem that worries me right now is getting the old paint off those tiny uneven coin door parts. some kind of "paint remover bath" would be perfect. i could put it next to my "rust remover bath"  ;)

Can someone explain me why I handed in that coin-door incl. all those holes ?!??!?!

what do you mean by that? normally they tape off the smaller holes and if some of them are filled with powdercoating stuff, simply drill it out!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »

Can someone explain me why I handed in that coin-door incl. all those holes ?!??!?!

what do you mean by that? normally they tape off the smaller holes and if some of them are filled with powdercoating stuff, simply drill it out!

I mean the extra holes that were put into the door for the security bar that was added to the door, plus the two (uneven) holes that were there for some extra metal strip for some reason..... I should have closed those holes first of course, entirely my fault... But we'll solve that...

Yeah I've been looking at those kind of kits ( I think you can get them a lot cheaper from the US) too, but I do think they recommend you use a separate oven. Now, for small parts, you can get one of those tiny ovens like these:

http://www.elektrokoopjes.nl/Shop/Huishoud/Ovens/Mini-oven/9094/Severin-TO-9650-OVEN.html

They cost close to nothing (even now). 2nd hand they are even cheaper.

Well, I guess I will have a look if I can get a good result with the Rustoleum spray paint first.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »
I mean the extra holes that were put into the door for the security bar that was added to the door, plus the two (uneven) holes that were there for some extra metal strip for some reason..... I should have closed those holes first of course, entirely my fault... But we'll solve that...

ooops, i missed those. what are you going to do about them?

Yeah I've been looking at those kind of kits ( I think you can get them a lot cheaper from the US) too, but I do think they recommend you use a separate oven. Now, for small parts, you can get one of those tiny ovens!

that oven is cute  :-*! you could also get an old one and put it somewhere in the cellar.

regarding the powder coating kits in the usa: they really ARE a lot cheaper, e.g. the set im interested in costs 250 EUROS in germany and the same set is 120 DOLLARS in america! that's around 150 euros cheaper. BUT: you have to add postage and customs PLUS it is running on 110 volts PLUS you have no support if something fails!

this is just something i'm tossing around in my head for now, but i might test this eventually. will have to build / buy a sandblasting cabinet first of course  8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »
Hammerite make a home-use electrostatic paint gun (same principle as powdercoating) which doesn't work too badly, I've seen the results on a coin door and they were good.

http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products/ps_metalmaster.html
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator