Author Topic: The planning and built of My Gameroom  (Read 204942 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: The planning and built of My Gameroom
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »
You must be right, it's Eric's topic! ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:18:25 PM by Belike36 »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »
An update: today two blokes from the company which is going to build the shed had a long day making the concrete formwork ready. And they did a nice job. I will post some pics tomorrow because ......  tomorrow the foundation and the rough floor of the shed will be constructed, with 11 m3 of concrete!!!

This evening I did some final preparation for it, like laying an empty pvc tube to the middle of the gameroom for a possible power floor outlet (some cabs will be standing in the middle of the room).

I also had an unexpected, but very pleasant, visit this evening from a good friend and a gameroom building expert, sort of. He came, he judged the works until so far and he concluded that it was OK.  :) I must say, I hardly reckognized him, but his voice made it easy for me.  ;)

So that's it for today, tomorrow morning at 8.30 AM the concrete guys are coming. I will be very friendly to them, it's easy to vanish for good in 11 m3 concrete.  :lol:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
I also had an unexpected, but very pleasant, visit this evening from a good friend and a gameroom building expert, sort of. He came, he judged the works until so far and he concluded that it was OK.  :) I must say, I hardly reckognized him, but his voice made it easy for me.  ;)

hardly recognized because he's already that slim?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Here are a few pics from today, no comments added.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »

that pic is awesome! i can almost already see the cabs in there ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
that pic is awesome! i can almost already see the cabs in there ;)

Me too, and our bikes, my lawn mower, my trailer wagon, etc. But the picture shows already how the space will be divided. The taller part will be a general shed, with a double door. The narrower part will be the gameroom. That way I feel I have best of both ways, a very necessary place to store all kind of non-related stuff and a modest, but very enjoyable funspot.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »
Yes.

Of course I had to go over and inspect the progress today. As experienced GameRoomBuilder I have approved of the progress so far.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Never get tired of too many pictures they alone tell thousands of words, but please continue to add your often very funny remarks aswell.

Not sure you have all the time in the world to sort the style of the interieur though.
You've been pounding over this for quite some time now....

Just kidding it's a weak attempt to make you nervous. You'll get it in time.

Getting epic overthere ...... great stuff.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
I noticed the foam insulation being placed down?  I guess it's because of your very cold winters? 

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2010, 08:02:16 PM »
I noticed the foam insulation being placed down?  I guess it's because of your very cold winters?  

Yep, and because I want to prevent as much as damp in the shed and because I want to put floor heating in the gameroom. There will be another layer of insulation. To be precise, the floor will be build up like this:
1. thin plastic layer (you can see it on the pics)
2. 5 cm. insulation
3. 12 cm concrete in which a 6mm2 steel wire frame is embedded (the wire frame is put on bricks, and therefore 'floats' 6 cm above the insulation
4. again 3-4 cm pressure resistant insulation on which the floor heating tubes will be attached
5. 6-7 cm cement floor, which will be smoothened out (vlinderen) on the surface. In this cement floor a 4mm2 steel wire frame will be placed.

The sides of the foundation will be 70 cm below level.

Oh, the concrete floor was done today, it gave a bit of trouble because of the enormous weight and pressure on the woodden formwork. the formwork gave way a bit, but nothing troublesome. I will show pics later.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:06:29 PM by ckong »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
First of all; the more pictures the better !  8)

Don't forget to ground the last grid of steel (the one in the "dekvloer")  or am i confused with bathroom floors ?
i recall something like that was obligated in bathrooms, just dont know if thats the case for your shed in combination with floorheating

the floor heating is electrical i persume ? of is that why you're putting gas to the shed ?

ps i read in a previouse post you mention to use tyleen for water and gas...  tyleen for gas ? are you sure ?  is it not insulated cupper pipe like this?:  ("wicu buis")

Just curiouse, i never listen about gas through tyleen....  does not sound safe to me..

just be sure that the plummer checks the pipes ("afpersen")
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:54:31 PM by Etienne [NL] »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
i recall something like that was obligated in bathrooms, just dont know if thats the case for your shed in combination with floorheating

Not necessary, nor obliged for floor heating

the floor heating is electrical i persume ? of is that why you're putting gas to the shed ?

Yep, it's a gas heated system.

Just curiouse, i never listen about gas through tyleen....  does not sound safe to me..

just be sure that the plummer checks the pipes ("afpersen")

There are special Tyleen tubes for gas transportation. It is used quite frequently for transporting gas to outside locations, for instance from a house to a shed. Of course the last part of the gas connection will be a copper pipe. And I planned to let a "gas installation worker" check everything, including "afpersen".

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »
More pics, from today. the rough concrete floor was made. The shed will be placed on this floor and then, when the shed is placed, I will lay the final floor.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »
Great progress Erik! - though, why did´nt you put in a heating floor????

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2010, 11:36:47 PM »
Great progress Erik! - though, why did´nt you put in a heating floor????

He will. This is just the concrete base, there will be a final cement floor over it.