Author Topic: Eurocade..2013 !  (Read 233925 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade..2013 !
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
I was kind of thinking something simular, but then with framed pictures of the inside

ofcourse this should be photographed proffesionally for the best results

Kind of what you see in a museum, but as with the explanatory cards per cabinet, lack of time kills that idea...

i think if photographed well, this kind of framed pics will look awesome !
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:41:50 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »
I'd love to have that plexi Ms.Pac-Man for this......can't find a picture of it.....

That costs a fortune to build I'm sure...

There will be children too (only under adult supervision allowed) and we can't have anything open, not even powered down....

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »
Ok ... so now I have to go and build a backdoor for my cab. ;) Are working keylocks necessary for the coindoor and backdoor?? I use to have them open and/or unlocked at home. Is there a maybe a guideline what minimum requirements exist for all cabs shown. If this discussion would not have happened, I might have brought that little VP without a door and locks in the front at all. :(

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »
if there is a piece of paper in between the door that keeps it close, i think thats ok

As long as the backdoor does not fall out you're ok i guess

coindoor could be closed with a tiewrap or something more nice..

(a broken lock that can only be opened from the inside will do the trick also  ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
...... Is there a maybe a guideline what minimum requirements exist for all cabs shown.

Yep, they have to be in working order!  ;) :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
Well there will be general public and kids and so we want the machines to be safe so yes locks are required at least at the coin doors which will be "out in the open".

Now, backsides MIGHT end up to a wall but also MIGHT end up next to another cab's back. In these cases they could be open but you know, we still don't know what could happen....

There will be constant supervision in all areas but we can't guarantee a 100% security.

I guess Sound & Vision (nor we) would like to get into legal problems because of open cabs.

So: closed and locked coin doors, closed and locked backs, firmly tightened control panels please :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
To add to this:

These kind of events are great because you finally have a dead line to do that thing you always still needed to do for certain cabs. F.i. I'm working on the LL coin door now and this discussion also reminded me that my Joust's backdoor has been broken in two since it fell off during transport for Eurocade 2012. This door seems to have a sinister thing about it because it was also the one that totally busted my toe during Eurocade 2011 transport...this is also why it broke in 2012, it was already a bit bent after if fell on my toe (you guys figure out how that felt....nice metal strip under it to enhance the feeling  ;D)

Anyway, need to fix it :)

About locks:

I bought 10 "long" and 10 " short" locks from Chips4sale on KLOV, see here: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=162297&highlight=locks
He managed to cram these 20 locks into a fixed rate priority box that shipped for around 17 bucks. Ask him to put a 25 dollar value on the little green form and you'll have no import worries.... ;) Cheapest way to get these AFAIK....
Awesome quality (Happ) and they all use the same key which makes life so much easier for me, I should end up with all my games to have all the same locks.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
hm, it might be interesting for some people to see how such a cab in reality looks inside. It doesn't have to work and of course the tube should be discharged and it shouldn't be powered at all ;)

Or a plexiglass backdoor, some signs and a tl inside... of course we need a nice, clean cab for that.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
Will you sponsor the plexiglass ?? It's pretty expensive stuff....

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
I think I got the last free room this morning. :) I am coming with Jochen so you guys can ask him about the save kit-project and give him even more input and ideas. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
Yesterday in the evening we prepared the Space (Star) Castle cocktail. New locks, credit button (it had to be a regular button with a microswitch cause the PCB need both inputs (NC and NO)). We will try to bring the wood and the fixed chairs as well.....crossing fingers there's enough room in the car :)

Since the cocktail was for the game Take off, a clone of Rip Off, I have to make a sticker for Star Castle that we can put over the Take Off instructions.

Etienne, I couldn't find the correct font. The closest was Bauhaus Bold but there are still differences to some letters of the original font. Maybe you know better what font it.

Left is the original - right is Bauhaus Bold

Of course, nobody of the public will know the differences but...you know ;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:38:56 AM by Luigi »

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »

Good point.... hmmm my frogger is not exactly a good example for the kids to look  at...  :-\

So maybe it is an idea that you or any of the guys sell me a real nice, clean fully restored  SW, Tron, Defender, .... and I will put a plexi back door in it  :P :P

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Good point.... hmmm my frogger is not exactly a good example for the kids to look  at...  :-\

So maybe it is an idea that you or any of the guys sell me a real nice, clean fully restored  SW, Tron, Defender, .... and I will put a plexi back door in it  :P :P

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Etienne, in case you are searching the font, let me point you to the capital R....very unusual.

I just saw that PONG seems to use Bauhaus-font, too. The N is typical.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »
The font remembers me this (look at the A)

but i think the font used in the quasar CPO also looks like it

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2181.msg37591#msg37591