Author Topic: Need some help to install 1078 in 1 jamma pcb  (Read 8455 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Need some help to install 1078 in 1 jamma pcb
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
I recieved today my 1078 in 1 hard drive based jamma pcb with the ATX power supply, it's a bit complicated for an electronics noob like me and I didn't find enough info in the manuals to get it work.
I think I should connect the pcb with the power supply with this 2 plugs, but I'm not sure:

The whole stuff looks like this:

And the manuals:

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help to install 1078 in 1 jamma pcb
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
My questions are:
-If I connect the ATX power supply and the cab's jamma adapter with the pcb, is that enough for get it started or I have to connect other parts?
-Is it working separetly from the cab's own power supply, so I have to plug in both for playing?

Thanks in advance for comments! ;D

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
i think if you want to play without 4 to six buttons harness you can just plug the jamma and the power supply.

You have to plug the power of the cab and the power of your pcb. It would be easy to adapt the power to your cab (there's colours scheme for +12,-5,+5). Only problem would be if the pcb is getting 3.3 volt.

u might have to add a switch to the atx power supply to turn it on

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
I'm not sure, but feeding this from both a PC power supply AND the Jamma power supply seems like a bad idea to me....

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:58:38 AM »
I'm not sure, but feeding this from both a PC power supply AND the Jamma power supply seems like a bad idea to me....
thses kind of pcb don't use jamma power supply. That's why a separate ATX should be plugged.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
thses kind of pcb don't use jamma power supply. That's why a separate ATX should be plugged.

So, if I connect the pcb with the ATX and the cabinet's jamma connector, it will feed the monitor and all other parts of the cabinet?

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »
it won't feed the monitor as ur monitor need 220v or 110v , and a atx power supply can not do that

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »

Yes, but it uses a Jamma connector to connect it to the machine right ? And Jamma connectors also carry the power supply voltages 5V and 12Vcomine from the PSU of the JAMMA cab. UNLESS the pins on the xxxx-in-1 are not connected to anything (which I may hope and would expect) this could be making two +5V and +12V sources to "clash"...

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »

Yes, but it uses a Jamma connector to connect it to the machine right ? And Jamma connectors also carry the power supply voltages 5V and 12Vcomine from the PSU of the JAMMA cab. UNLESS the pins on the xxxx-in-1 are not connected to anything (which I may hope and would expect) this could be making two +5V and +12V sources to "clash"...
you're right.
these kind of board use jamma for video sound and controls only.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 05:17:55 PM »
Pascal was right, I took the pcb to my old friend and he told me that there are some "blockers" in the mainboard, that keep the jamma adapter's harmful electricity away from it, so I have to connect both plugs.
It's up and running, a lot of fun games in it, that I didn't want to buy in original pcbs. ;D
Of course it couldn't get close to an original dedicated cabinet, especially a Hyper Olympics with a Hyper Sports "spare pcb"!!! ;D
Am I right Ully? ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:18:15 PM by Belike36 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »
Of course it couldn't get close to an original dedicated cabinet, especially a Hyper Olympics with a Hyper Sports "spare pcb"!!! ;D
Am I right Ully? ;)

sometimes things pop up out of the blue! ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!