Author Topic: REQUEST - Software Corner software  (Read 29884 times)

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
Re: REQUEST - Software Corner software
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
Some weeks ago, I bought a Software Corner Dragon's Lair kit for the Amiga.

I connected the computer to my Pioneer CLD-S315 LD player (via control in) and was expecting to see the screens, familiar from this thread.

It seems that there are different versions of the control program available:

I uploaded the Italian version (DL_Control_it.zip - don't remember where I found it) and the version from my control disk (DL_Control_ger.zip) here.

I don't know what's wrong, but Dragon's Lair is unplayable on my setup. I've read online, that the laserdiscs from Software Corner are mastered with an offset to prevent the use in arcade machines (and vice versa). I play with a later version of the Software Corner Dragon's lair LD (not the relabeled arcade disc) - why doesn't the LD player jump to the correct frames (for example when I die in the second scene, the LD player plays the death scene from the first scene (draw bridge scene)).

I guess, either my LD player isn't fully compatible with the originally required LD players or my control program needs the arcade LD (I couldn't try Darth Nuno's version because I had problems transfering the disk image from PC to Amiga - although Amiga to PC worked).

Anyway, feel free to upload my DL control disks to Dragonslairfans.com.

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST - Software Corner software
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
Your disc should work fine with both italian and german version of the software. DarthNuno's version was meant to be used with the arcade Philips disc.
If it does not, your problem is elsewhere.
Good luck,

Matteo