Author Topic: [Superully's Roadtrip] Red Tent  (Read 25434 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: [Superully's Roadtrip] Red Tent
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
Very nice combination Ully and I am glad that I could help.    :)

But Damn,  I knew I forgot to bring something back home, what does that Frogger still do at your place?  :D :D :D  

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
It looks like the holes are for the gun holster.  No idea why they drilled into the cabinet through :-(

They are usually fitted as a replacement for one of the joysticks.  How would they have powered both the gun and joysticks?  Any wire cutting inside?

I got some instruction cards printed onto marquee type material, and replaced the clear perspex that sit over the cards.  That will look good on yours

Very nice though Ully.  Looks in better shape than mine

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
It looks like the holes are for the gun holster.  No idea why they drilled into the cabinet through :-(
They are usually fitted as a replacement for one of the joysticks.  How would they have powered both the gun and joysticks?  Any wire cutting inside?

from what i can tell, no cut wires / no hacking inside, but i can check again. holsters were my first idea as well, but perhaps it was only for ashtrays :P

I got some instruction cards printed onto marquee type material, and replaced the clear perspex that sit over the cards.  That will look good on yours

i've got the clear perspex as well, but removed it because i have a different idea. have to make some tests first though. do you have some pics of your solution?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 02:15:16 PM »
from what i can tell, no cut wires / no hacking inside, but i can check again. holsters were my first idea as well, but perhaps it was only for ashtrays :P

Could be, but looks like the right hole positons for the holster.  If there is no cable hacking near that area (the gun will need additional power off the coin mechs) then it probably was an ash tray.

i've got the clear perspex as well, but removed it because i have a different idea. have to make some tests first though. do you have some pics of your solution?

My perspex was cracked so I had to replace it.  Yes I have pics:

Instruction cards:

http://www.arcadecollectors.co.uk/mystuff/myprojects/nintendovs/nintendo-repro-instruction-cards/

Fitted with new perspex:

http://www.arcadecollectors.co.uk/mystuff/myprojects/nintendovs/instruction-cards/

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »
Instruction cards:

http://www.arcadecollectors.co.uk/mystuff/myprojects/nintendovs/nintendo-repro-instruction-cards/

those look really nice! a few questions:
- did you grab the artwork from john's arcade?
- if that's the case, did you edit it in any way?
- are those prints the same size as original instruction cards?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
Instruction cards:

those look really nice! a few questions:
- did you grab the artwork from john's arcade?
- if that's the case, did you edit it in any way?
- are those prints the same size as original instruction cards?

The person that printed them for me already had the artwork for some of the cards, others were taken from various sources including John's arcade.  Some were re-sized to be like the original sizes.

The prints were very close to the original.  I think I did a comparison picture.  I'll try and dig it out

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
Found it:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »
ever since i saw those "chairs / benches" on the eurocade photos i wanted those for my gameroom and ever since i knew i'd be getting a red tent i had wanted them in red. with the help of pieter (who managed to find the manufacturer and helped me get in touch with the right person to talk to), erik's wife (who picked them up for me) and erik (who delivered them to my place)  i managed to get two of them in RED TENT RED!!!

I like those benches, who is the manufacturer (in the Netherlands)?

Uh:

;D ;D

http://www.feek.nl

For the non-Dutch speakers under us: Feek is pronounced like "fake" in English. So...it's a play with word/sound. "Feek" is not a word in Dutch.

They sure look awesome, especially to the red tent Ully, congrats ! Were they expensive ?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:59:34 PM by Level42 »

Sjaak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

Uh:

;D ;D

http://www.feek.nl

Ah, thats the letter K turned sideways  :oops:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Waha, LOL, and you were getting this on your Google searches:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=fee

;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
They sure look awesome, especially to the red tent Ully, congrats ! Were they expensive ?

thx, i really like them myself ;D. expensive? don't know, you tell me: 110 a piece

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
The person that printed them for me already had the artwork for some of the cards, others were taken from various sources including John's arcade.  Some were re-sized to be like the original sizes.

that's mr muddymusic, right? guess i'll have to ask him to print some of them for me as well :)

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »

that's mr muddymusic, right? guess i'll have to ask him to print some of them for me as well :)

Yup that's correct!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »

thx, i really like them myself ;D. expensive? don't know, you tell me: 110 a piece
That's a lot better than I expected. Designer stuff is usually very expensive. Try to find a good quality stool for that money, pretty hard for sure....not a bad price at all IMHO. They are really nice IMHO.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
That's a lot better than I expected. Designer stuff is usually very expensive. Try to find a good quality stool for that money, pretty hard for sure....not a bad price at all IMHO. They are really nice IMHO.

agreed! i was expecting more myself, but was happily surprised. i also like quite a few other items from their collection, so i'm pretty sure this hasn't been the last time i've dealt with them :)