Author Topic: A side-project of mine for pinball players  (Read 4485 times)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
A side-project of mine for pinball players
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
On my off hours, I've been working on a little side-project of mine: a site that indexes places to play pinball.

Obviously, sites like this exist already but, they tend to be edited manually by a single person and often end up no longer being maintained due to this fact. Since I launched this site, a few more have been pointed to me but they still lack ease of use.

So I decided to try my hand at building one that can be edited by the community.

I've got an initial version up and running now. Obviously, as it's new, there's not much content in there but you should get the idea and hopefully might have some locations to contribute.

The site is at http://findapinball.com/

Introductory Blog post: http://findapinball.com/weblog/2010/tap-tap-thing/

There are plans for more features, like a mobile client that tells you where the closest pinball is, but I'd like to get the initial version bug-free and solid first.

If the members here from other countries have any contact in their local pinball communities I'd really appreciate you pointing them there.

Anyway, feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: A side-project of mine for pinball players
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »
Not a pinball addict but this is a great idea + I really love the look and feel of the site, good job Colin!
I think I remember a twilight zone @ cafe St Jacques in Nivelles (Belgium) but I have to double check first before adding the location.

Please don't build the same website for arcade places, the search results would definitely be too depressing  ;)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:03:05 AM »
Not a pinball addict but this is a great idea + I really love the look and feel of the site, good job Colin!
I think I remember a twilight zone @ cafe St Jacques in Nivelles (Belgium) but I have to double check first before adding the location.

Please don't build the same website for arcade places, the search results would definitely be too depressing  ;)

Thanks. I've already added some new features, more to come.

I actually thought about doing it for arcade games but, as you say, it risks being quite depressing.

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 09:07:35 AM »
nice site colin , congrats, there's already lots of activity.
And you'll propose mobile'app , great addition.