Author Topic: Advice what to do regarding import or build?  (Read 2741 times)

dimmu--borgir

• View Profile
Advice what to do regarding import or build?
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:58:35 PM »
Ok, maybe there are lots of threads about the similar but since the status of our hobby changes all the time so..

The main question; I badly want more Nintendo cabs. My perfect setup would be DK, Dk j.r, DK 3, Popeye, Mario Bros and maybe Radarscope.

What should I do? How much would I expect to pay for say Dk 3, Popeye and Mario freight shipped from the US? Also, what are the possibility to find a cab in Europe not THAT far from Sweden (say Germany, Netherlands and UK) Although I guess the gas price, hotel, ferry/bridge/whatever fee would be something like freightship from the USA? If I could buy all three at once in Spain for ex. I would not hesitate to go by car but not one cab.

Another thing is that I gladly could use the Nintendo v.s variant and restore them. Maybe these are less expensive also?

The last thing which I would consider is to scratch build since that would be the "easiest" way. But, THEY ARE NOT ORIGINAL... A restored v.s is another thing but not a scratch built one. And from what I see from the prices for spare parts, damn!

I have played DK and DK j.r alot earlier but when I got my original ones, hey, so much funnier to play! Really! This is how it should be played! Period! I consider myself a gamer foremost but also, well, historian collector.

Last; money isn't really an issue but I will of course not pay astronomical amounts for everything. But if I may choose, I will pay alot more for the original ones. I'm not greedy but it doesn't feel right to pay 600 Euro for a scratch build if I can get an original for 800-1000 shipped?

?

Thanks

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: Advice what to do regarding import or build?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:36 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that but the US called and they just ran out of Nintendo cabs...
 ;D
Seriously, unless you really enjoy DIY time, I would definitely choose the import route.
Check Love's container thread on this forum to get a realistic idea of the prices and delivery time.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Advice what to do regarding import or build?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
But, THEY ARE NOT ORIGINAL...

You just answered your own question :)