Author Topic: The planning and built of My Gameroom  (Read 204594 times)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: The planning and built of My Gameroom
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2010, 06:19:23 AM »
Pix Start Now!!!!!   ;D

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »
Congratulations man!  :spaceace:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »
Yeah we also want to see pics of the former carport of course ;D

Congrats, can't wait to help fill it up :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »
Good news guys, I finally got my building permit!  ;D ;D ;D

I already started to clean out the carport which will be demolished because it stands where the shed will be built. From now on you can finally expect pictures of the building of the shed and gameroom.  :)

Yeeees !!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 01:11:38 AM »
Gameroom realization – Stage 2 (Stage 1 – getting building permit completed)

Allright, now that I have the building permit, I can start building!  ;D  But I first have to tear down the most ugly carport of the northern hemisphere:

This one has to get rid for good, so at first I thought it would be a great idea to hire the demolishing team from Discovery Channel, but they couldn’t fit it in their schedule.   :'( However, one of the advantages of living in the country side is that there always is a bloke in the neighborhood who wants to help and who has the right tools.

So last week, on a nice day

I started to do some preparation work, i.e. cleaning out the carport, unscrewing all the bolts with which the roof of the carport was attached to the carport and clearing the roof of the carport from tons of accumulated leaves, soil and other dirt, which went pretty well:

The same evening Mark, a son of a nearby farmer came overwith his chainsaw. We decided not to make a massacre out of it, but just concentrate on tearing down the wall of the carport. And so we did:

And only an hour or so later this was the result:

Very nice. We decided to call it a night, and continue the work on Saturday (yesterday).

And again this Saturday was a very nice day, this time with a lot of spectators. Guys, meet Bertha 1 through 26:

A few days ago, while I was getting rid of beams and other stuff around the carport, I also came across this (again):

I already had found them lying at the back of the carport some years ago, and now was the time to prepare these boards to be transported to a certified asbest removal company. I knew how to pack these boards (see-through plastic in at least two layers) and this is the end result:

So, that is done and when the shed is completely finished, I will bring the plates together with all other building waste to the removal company.  :)

At noon Mark arrived and we immediately went further with the carport. We started to remove the roof plates:

And then we removed the paving stones, approximately 35 square meters.

This was a pretty heavy job, but after an hour and a half we had done it:

Nevertheless, I was still feeling very strong:

Was it me, or were it the paving stones? I’m still not sure  ???

Anyway, we collected 4 pallets with paving stones:

After a short break we went further with the framework. The chain saw, some good old fashion muscles and the tractor did miracles:

And here we are, tired but very happy that we did the job. I now have no carport anymore, but soon I will have a gameroom!!  :lol:

R.I.P.

that's it for today, next monday the groundwork for the foundation will start.

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 01:40:47 AM »
i think that carport may be bigger than my whole property, you are lucky to have that big garden or is it a farm even.
good luck with the build :spaceace:
just keeping an eye on things

falcon NL

• Im Loving this!
    • View Profile
    • Florush
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 03:50:06 AM »
This is going to be AMAZING  :shock: Cant wait to see the next couple of stages!
Current Project: Donkey Kong

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:33 AM »
that is just GREAT, erik! first of all i have to repeat what i've already said before: this is not a garden, thisi s a damn PARK. are you sure the gameroom couldn't have been bigger? it looks like a lot of ground you have here. anyway, can't wait to see this progress, it is going to be one hell of a thread. would you have imagined you would be doing this one year ago?

one question remains though: are you wearing your wife's shoes? :D

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2010, 07:57:02 AM »
Yes...the story really starts  :P

Instead of this  :arrow:

I suggest this custom one  ;D  :arrow:

This topic will be awesome  :-*

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
Yeahhhh , the start is made !

I wish i had more free time, so i could help you, i like to demolish too  ;D

as with all the jobs, the right tools save you a lot of frustrations/accidents.
the pavement removing is the most heavy i think, i remember that i needed to make one, and i felt my legs and back the day after pretty hurt

I will folow this threat very carefull!

i like arcade, but also DIY and constructing so this is a hell of a topic !

Goodluck with this erik!

ps. when i see this :

Im thinking ..  "VUURKORF TIME" ;D

for the non dutchies here :

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:47:27 AM by Etienne [NL] »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »
Yessss finally it starts !!! I'm happy for you  :spaceace:

Goodluck Erik !

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Wow a lot of work done ! Always handy to have a tractor around ! :)

Erik's place is simply amazing. If I wasn't such a city guy I'd love to live in a similar place....far away from all the madness....

Will be great to follow the progress. Weren't the plates of the roof not containing asbestos ? When I had removed the one's on my shed I hadn't even  thought about it. I had to cut one plate because part of it covered my neighbors' shed roof. BUT my house (and thus me shed) was only 11 years old when I removed it, and at that time (1998) asbestos was forbidden completely so I hadn't even thougt about it.

So I bring the plates to the local "milieu straat" and when they see the plates they go all nuts and say I have to pack them in plastic because it contained asbestos and blablabla. So I point them to the manufacturing date and brand (NOT Eternit) and that they should know that there IS no asbestos in those plates. The reply was that the guys from the company who come to pick up the "regular" "puin" (=stone, rock, concrete leftovers) are OVER protective and fear any golfed plates....

So there I was wrapping all the parts in plastic they provided me. I had no tape, and I only packed it once because I thought this was ridiculous but I was already glad they allowed me to dump it anyway. Had to lift all the plates in a insanely high container though. All in all it took me at least an hour extra ......but when you think about it: You can bet that this asbestos waste (a special container for it) is handled very carefully and THUS very expensive. SO, if there are loads of waste (like mine) that doesn't contain any asbestos at all, this surely increases my local taxes !  :evil:

Anyway....should I start wrapping your cabs in protective foil already ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:03:11 AM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2010, 11:52:14 AM »
Excellent! - Looking forward to the build!

:lol: :lol: :lol: 0 (Zero) steering capability!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »
I'm surprised of myself, I'm sitting in front of a cosy fireplace at the moment, without any muscle pain! :)

And I'm glad that I did tear down the carport yesterday, and not today because today is a rainy dreary day.

are you sure the gameroom couldn't have been bigger?

one question remains though: are you wearing your wife's shoes? :D

Yes, I'm sure, my wallet and my wife, who has no warm feelings for this hobby, won't allow me to make it bigger. In fact, I recently realized that there should be a better balance between arcade life and real life, at least for me (I'm not speaking for you guys). So I decided to make the gameroom a bit smaller than first planned. Still, there will be place for about 16 cabs, a football table game, a pinball, a console gaming corner and lots, lots of gaming fun.

Here is a (probably not final) draft of the layout:

Oh, the boots are mine, they are country boots.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Here is a (probably not final) draft of the layout:

looking great, erik, i wish i were in your place right now. not having a REAL gameroom sucks ...  :'(

anyway, which cabs are currently in your collection and are definitely going into the gameroom?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!