Author Topic: Williams Defender for sale  (Read 2284 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Williams Defender for sale
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »
In the Netherlands (not by me): http://verzamelen.marktplaats.nl/automaten-overige/351306347-defender-williams.html

The seller says that the cab is not working, unknown cause, could be anything.

Bid as you wish, but do it with care. I made a few offers on this cab. Well, actually, not this one. The seller first had a photo of another cab posted, one on which you saw gameplay and which was in better shape. On that photo I could also see a part of the cab of which you now see the photo's of in the advert. So the seller changed the photo's, and thus the cab. And the price is getting too high for my wallet at the moment. Enough reason for me to withdraw .

Still this could be a good deal, that's why I'm posting this for someone who might be interested.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Williams Defender for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »
Ever since I played a Defender for the first time in my life at Funspot in 2006, I really do not want one.

The designers were crazy. The controls are insane. Just MHO.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:08:32 AM »
There is a strange bid history on this item. The day before yesterday I did some biddings. At a certain point, the highest bid from someone was € 400 and I quit the bidding and removed my biddings. Yesterday the highest bidding was not more than € 200 and today there are no biddings at all anymore!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
There is a strange bid history on this item. The day before yesterday I did some biddings. At a certain point, the highest bid from someone was € 400 and I quit the bidding and removed my biddings. Yesterday the highest bidding was not more than € 200 and today there are no biddings at all anymore!!

Yeah, it also says "reserved" so maybe there's a deal going on waiting for pick-up....

baiterhater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »

Once you learn the controls they become like second nature, then you start to learn to play, once you do its the best game ever made there is nothing like defender for pure panic, i used to be able to clock defender but im afraid a good game for me now is 400,000 :(

i have a mint defender and its the only game i wont sell.

J

devpsx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »

Don't bother ckong, I bought the defender.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »

Don't bother ckong, I bought the defender.

I didn't bother actually. Congratulations with the cab  :)

I checked your post history and I noticed that you didn't introduce yourself yet. This is of course no obligation, but it would be nice if you could tell something about how you are related with this great hobby.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:49:11 PM by ckong »