Author Topic: Whitch cab´s are you still looking for as a "must have"/grail/wishful thinking  (Read 58371 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Sorry andre the EDOT is in my bedroom  :D

Pictures or it didn't...  ::) ;)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
that Gravitar looks so fresh. One of the most beautiful cabs I have ever seen. Look at the surrounding 3 lines in the side-art. Piece of art
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Damn, Again I totally agree with Ronald Reagan.

I especially love the CP "cut out". It's so "thin" compared to others....we have to give LOADS of credit to Atari who made a dedicated cabinet for (almost) every game they made. Nintendo looks really bleak compared to that, using the same ugly cab for all games. Seriously, I like the "standard" Nintendo cab now, but it's not exactly something that would win a design price, nor are they real "lookers".

Robin about the EDOT => so THAT's the big surprise you have for your lady visitors in the bedroom !!!  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:10:17 PM by Level42 »

caincan

• View Profile
more of a dream as it's super rare  (nearly all carts have been destroyed due to some sh$t copyright!)...   and the cab itself is about 16.000 Euros in second hand...

Cycraft + Fzero monster ride :'( :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkpu7JebdI
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:28:23 PM by caincan »

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
The one game I really want, This game was soooooooo magical when I saw it new. 

You saw no screen!  The asteroids were literally floating under the glass.  Awe inspiring and took every quarter I had that day.

:D

Yes, Asteroids Coctail Table

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
This is difficult, there are lots of great games still to be deisred. But for now my top 5 would be:

Nr. 1: Moon Cresta

I played it a lot, back in the eighties and I think that the game is great. I´m not sure if the shown cabinet is an original dedicated one, but I would trade almost any one of my present games just to get it. The game is so great!! Fortunately I have the original PCB, so I play it now and then in a generic cab, or in a Candy (yeah, Moon Cresta on a 29" screen looks awesome).

Nr. 2: Tempest

Like Moon Cresta, Tempest is a great game. I played it recently for the first time in it´s dedicated shell, during South Coast Slam. Unfortunately the game broke down preey quick, else I would have played it the whole weekend. What I love about the game is the frentic gameplay, the sounds and of course the vector visuals (yeah, I´m a vector man  ;D ). As with Moon Cresta, I would trade almost any present game that I own for it, even Gravitar. You don´t happen to have a Tempest, André?

Nr. 3: Gyruss

I like Gyruss, he is a very kind guy, and .....  Hm, wrong sidetrack.  :D ;)

Of course I mean the game:

Again, great game, with great stereo sound and stunning visuals. The Cabinet is great also. I don´t think that I will ever get a Moon Cresta cab, and the Tempest will also be very hard to get, but Gyruss should be doable. And in the meantime I play the original PCB of it.

Nr. 4. Frogger

What is there to say, very fun and addictive gameplay and I like the looks of the woodgrain cabinet. I´m hoping that this game will also end up in my collection one day.

Nr. 5: Juno First.

For pictures, see this topic. This seems to be a popular game, which is highly desriabel but hard to get. As Tempest I played this game for the first time at the South Coast Slam and I loved every minute of it. Would be great to add to my other games.

This is my top 5 for now, and there is little chance that it will change. But as I sais, there are lots of other great games, like R-Type, BurgerTime, etc.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Believe me Erik, if I would have a Tempest I would trade it right away with you for the Gravi....

I love the Tempest cab and artwork but the gameplay....I don't know, it just doesnt "grab" me for some reason. I mean I like it and I enjoy playing others' Tempests now and then but it's really not a game I would desperately want to own...

bloodflowers

• View Profile
That reminds me - always wanted a Zacc Frogger, like this:

There was one on German ebay a few years ago, seller wouldn't reply to me, wouldn't even reply to a German friend of mine pretending to want it for himself.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Zacc froggers like this pass from time to time

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Well, I am a bit late but ... here's my top 5!

1---Cinematronics Sundance

2 --- Olympia Portraits

3 --- Pacific Novelty Mr. F. Lea

4 --- Taito Space Dungeon

5 --- Snacks 'n' Jaxson

:pac: :ghost: :'(

-
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
You know back in 2002 or so there were 5 NOS Snax N Jackson machines found in Belgium. Someone stripped them for the NOS G07 monitors and threw out the cabs and parts :(

So what's an EDOT worth?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
So what's an EDOT worth?

1000 euros max - everything else is insane :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Really? i'll keep my spare then  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
LOL ! Always handy to have a backup.

If you still have a spare Gravitar let me know....

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
You know back in 2002 or so there were 5 NOS Snax N Jackson machines found in Belgium. Someone stripped them for the NOS G07 monitors and threw out the cabs and parts :(

Hmmpf, that's the stories I rather don't wanna hear. Oh well.
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!