Author Topic: Sonic 1992's Yesterdays.... The Tour  (Read 33335 times)

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
Re: Sonic 1992's Yesterdays.... The Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
simply stunning dude, have you ever wondered how much youve spent on all the cool stuff in your cabinets? and is that a butchered defender cab playing sonic???

carlo3do

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 12:51:40 PM »
no words... :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
simply stunning dude, have you ever wondered how much youve spent on all the cool stuff in your cabinets? and is that a butchered defender cab playing sonic???

Not really "butchered"    :oops:     

I made this back in 1993, When Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was still new and when emulators & MAME and everything else was unheard of/and a fantasy.  It actually cost me a lot of money to make this one of a kind Sonic arcade game.   25'' monitor, All arcade controls wired in to Genesis controllers, New, extra Genesis with Sega CD,  The cabinet was nicely finished on the outside with nice black formica, (that alone was 300.00) Custom made by me Sonic artwork for the controllers (color laser copies were very expensive then too)  The Genesis is wired in with a special made RGB cable, so it's pure RGB Sonic Goodness!!

Now, as for the Defender cabinet, as of the time I got it for this project... it was destined for the city dump anyway.   Remember, at this time..... no one was collecting this stuff, and most cabs like this were being converted into Street Fighter 2's   ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 06:47:24 PM by Sonic 1992 »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
I was there!  :P  :arrow:

(more pic here)

Great memories!  :)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »

Not really "butchered"    :oops:     

I made this back in 1993, When Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was still new and when emulators & MAME and everything else was unheard of/and a fantasy.  It actually cost me a lot of money to make this one of a kind Sonic arcade game.   25'' monitor, All arcade controls wired in to Genesis controllers, New, extra Genesis with Sega CD,  The cabinet was nicely finished on the outside with nice black formica, (that alone was 300.00) Custom made by me Sonic artwork for the controllers (color laser copies were very expensive then too)  The Genesis is wired in with a special made RGB cable, so it's pure RGB Sonic Goodness!!

Now, as for the Defender cabinet, as of the time I got it for this project... it was destined for the city dump anyway.   Remember, at this time..... no one was collecting this stuff, and most cabs like this were being converted into Street Fighter 2's   ;)

ok, i'll let you off ;)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »
I was there!  :P  :arrow:

(more pic here)

Great memories!  :)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Great Photo!!!   It went toooooooo fast!   We needed more time!   ;D