Author Topic: The Jukeboxshop has gone belly up....inventory will be auctioned  (Read 9076 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The Jukeboxshop has gone belly up....inventory will be auctioned
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »
http://www.beusekom.nl/auction/ItemInfo.asp?itemID=2417131&catid=8&SaleID=718

?

But what is a "choicestick" or  "spelprinter" ;) ;) ;)

(Yes they must mean joystick and "spelprinten" I know.....)

and i guess Atazi means Atari ?   ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
Wha LOL

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
hehe, looks like Rob filled the forms himself ;D

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »
Auction finished, did anyone from the forum buy stuff?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »
Not me. Some of those pinballs went for crazy prices IMHO, around 650 Euro, which means way over 800 in total, which is pretty insane for the condition these were in IMHO.

I think the guys from the shop would have been very happy if those pins would have sold for those prices when they were still running....Then again, I'm not a pinball expert.

The NSM jukebox went for a more or less OK price IF it works....

The Discoball Seeburg jukebox went for a pretty high price IMHO, almost 1200 euro excl. costs & VAT....then again, that one was in very nice condition.

So.....now Jukeboxshop is history.

I know it wasn't exactly a great place, but at least it was something to nose around from time to time. I even have a customer right next door to their (former) building so it was nice to go there during lunch break. I will miss it for this....

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »
I checked it out and I agree overall the stuff that was sold went for a steep price and a lot of stuff did not sell including some arcade machines.

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »
Guys - may I point to this thread:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=3749.msg58954#msg58954

for good sake that guy is now ripped. He should have sold me the atari flipper for 250 which we first agreed on - but when I was there he asked 500 EUR.
(and it was missing a lot of inner parts which would take years to come by)
The Discoball he offered for 600 when I was there...but broken.
For most parts in special the flippers and arcades were missing lots of parts.
the blues brothers and most of the other figures were missing hands, heads or other parts too.

at least he did get some money for his crap.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »
No HE did not get any money. Not sure how it is abroad, but over here when a company goes bust, a "curator" is going to see what is there to divide among the people/companies who the company still owes money to. Nr.1 in line is ALWAYS the government, to be more precise the tax-guys.
IF there is anything left after that it will be divided among the others who still get money....

So, if it eases your mind a bit, he won't see a penny of anything that was auctioned off that's for sure.

I understand your feelings about the owners and I agree that is an ass-trick to do. I never had that happening to me, the Night Driver and the Zacc cockpit went for realistic prices and he was very helpful (wrapped up the Zacc and it could stay there until picked-up).
I guess he probably saw the problems coming and maybe thought you were a "gold mine" that just walked in...maybe he thought since you drove this big distance and from abroad that you wouldn't leave without the machines and MAYBE you actually talked to the wrong guy.
Whichever way it was, it was a sick thing to do...

I just hope you don't feel that I'm responsible for this, you never mentioned you were going to come over which would have been a good idea as I could have been of assistance for sure....

I am simply amazed about the prices that have been payed by the people in the auction...they surely have not done good deals in general...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:42:10 PM by Level42 »

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
I also want to add some salt to the soup ;)

Well overall Rob has always been a nice guy in general, but maybe he had his ups and downs once in awhile.

Anyway as for the auction I can tell you that I was a pretty lucky bastard hehe. I first got two cabinets that I bid on only to strip them for parts, like monitors and all. So I got those 2 for €70,- incl. tax and all (€50,- ex.) So I went to pick those up and stumbled upon the Virtua Fighter 3 dedicated Sega cabinet. It originally auctioned for €285,- but there was supposed to be a Mame setup with 600 games in it, but this was not the case. The cab had only one game, VF3 ;)
So the buyer left it there and I went to the auctioners and asked what they wanted for it, so she said €85,- and I countered with €50,- and they accepted  :spaceace:
So I went home with a working VF3 cab for €70,- incl. tax hehe. After some cleaning/replacing sticks and buttons/monitor adjusting etc. we now have this "kinda strange cab for it's time, but still so very cool" cab running in our Arcade  :spaceace:
Everybody who knows The NGC can come and check it out on the 13th of april. Seeya then guys!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
Well done Psyk ! :)