Author Topic: In love for the Cathode Ray Tube...  (Read 3625 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
In love for the Cathode Ray Tube...
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:39:44 AM »
Not sure about you guys, but the more towards extinction they go (will take some time still) the more I love the good old CRT. I have been looking for NOS mainly B/W tubes for quite some time now.
Yes they are still available in the US, but shipping and import duties kill the fun of these...

However, I still believe that somewhere in Europe, maybe most likely southern or eastern Europe there are still one or two warehouses with huge stocks of those babies....

And then, 3 days ago while doing another tube number google, I found this site in Czech Republic. I will not get your hopes up....they do NOT have any stock of CRTs anymore....but when i first saw this site I thouhgt I had hit the jackpot.......

http://www.monitordisplay.eu/e_index.html

Especially when I first glanced over this page my heart beated faster....
http://www.monitordisplay.eu/e_crtref.html

However after reading the text it was clearly indicated that they stopped refurbishing tube in 2009 (still very recent !!!!) BUT I still had hope they might have still some stock....

So I dropped an email and got a eleborate reply today indicating that they dont have anymore, they would also have to order from overseas and they mentioned 400 Euros for a 14" tube and I can do better than that...

However I love to see those kind of pictures.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: In love for the Cathode Ray Tube...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
2009! god damnit!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: In love for the Cathode Ray Tube...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
Yeah that hearts huh....

Here's another great site about a book that is being written about the crt but mainly from the point of view from the Dutch philips crt factories and R&D.

Regretfully only in Dutch but click all around the site to see some great pics like that of the "camel" CRT.

The site even mentions the last developments of the CRT where it was intended to make a thin and flat CRT using "electron clouds".....they even mode the first prototypes which looked promissing.

www.beeldbuisboek.nl