Author Topic: RAM Controls  (Read 9611 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
RAM Controls
« on: May 24, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
I know i have to be carefull about this subject, but 5 days ago i took a chance and ordered some pieces from these guys..... And guess what!:

Now, i dont know about the SW Yokes, but it seems like Dave is i serious business again!
I wont hesitate buying there again! Thanks!!
EuroCade - this baby is going to be well oiled and playing like a dream!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: RAM Controls
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
I heard the business is sold or the parts were sold to someone else.

Dave is a scammer and owes people thousands of dollars. If I knew he still ran that business I wouldn't give him 1 cent or promote someone that has stolen money from others in his hobby.

My 2 cents.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
I heard the business is sold or the parts were sold to someone else.

Dave is a scammer and owes people thousands of dollars. If I knew he still ran that business I wouldn't give him 1 cent or promote someone that has stolen money from others in his hobby.

My 2 cents.

I have read the stories on KLOV, and you´re right about the things you say.
I don´t know if he runs the business anymore or if it´s sold (lets hope for the last thing) either way, must admit that it was fast expedition, and where else should i (we) buy these things, if we can´t find them NOS, or lightly used...??

shilmover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
here we go again...

The business might be "sold", but Dave is still involved.  I am sure he is still making money when you buy from him.

If people keep buying from RAM Controls, there will be no reason for Dave to pay back what is owed.

Dave, Adam, Dan, whatever is still RAM Controls, is still a crook, should still be avoided. 

I would not give him a dime!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
here we go again...

The business might be "sold", but Dave is still involved.  I am sure he is still making money when you buy from him.

If people keep buying from RAM Controls, there will be no reason for Dave to pay back what is owed.

Dave, Adam, Dan, whatever is still RAM Controls, is still a crook, should still be avoided. 

I would not give him a dime!

+1000

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
Well, Dave is not in control of Ram Controls anymore!
Got that confirmed by the new owner yesterday, Dan Johnston, he took over the business on May 15 2011 and he is going to solve what can be solved.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 12:34:48 PM »
good to know, michael. however, i bet there are still people out there refusing to order stuff now because it was made by dave ...

do we know whether the new owner is just selling off the items in stock or if he is going to work in replacement parts himself? do you have a contact address? perhaps i can "exchange" the money i lost on the MC control panel for some other stuff i need.
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
Dan has bought the name and the stuff on the Ram Controns shelfs, and he is going to make new parts aswell;

"i an working on several new parts and controllers and expect to make several product announcments soo "

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
Dan has bought the name and the stuff on the Ram Controns shelfs, and he is going to make new parts aswell;

"i an working on several new parts and controllers and expect to make several product announcments soo "

I would seriously question who this Dan guy is. What's his full name? Have you seen history of this name in the arcade scene in the last few years? Can you be sure he's a real person?

Secondly anyone that buys a business will want to see the business records for profibility etc. I seriously doubt Dave has anything like that, especially with all the scam $$. No one in their right mind would buy the business for anything other than the stock, and certainly no one would keep that name as it has too many bad feelings.

If he has not been in the arcade scene before, I would also seriously doubt he would make any parts - I mean why would he? He doesn't know what he's doing right? If the new parts turn out to be the same parts Dave was saying will become available this just makes me even more suspicious that it's still Dave running it.

Dave could be selling the Ark of the Convenant - I wouldn't care as he's a bad guy.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »
His name is Dan Johnston..

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »
There's loads of speculation about the true identity of the new owner on KLOV forum.

I'm going to be very honest and open here. If I would need parts that only RAM controls can deliver, I will order them.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
I'm going to be very honest and open here. If I would need parts that only RAM controls can deliver, I will order them.

the same goes for me!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »

the same goes for me!

To be honest, that´s a shame.

I also did order parts from him in the past. It was before it was known, at least by me, that he made such a terrible mess of it and that he scammed a lot of people. The only thing that I knew, which was told by me, is that Dave was a bit slow with delivery. But now I would never order parts from him again, not only because he stole from me, but just because he is  crook and a thief, and I don´t do business with known crooks and thiefs.

I wonder, where is the moral in still doing business with such a guy, even if he might be the only one who makes these parts, financed with STOLEN MONEY!!

Everything for the hobby! That can´t be true, can it?

Unfortunately I´m certain that a lot of people who don´t speak up here like you do, would still order parts from RAM controls also. I´m afraid that´s the world that we are living in.

Just my two cents.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
dave is not running the business anymore! the parts are there, why not get them?

and honestly, i would NEVER EVER send someone 2,500 bucks in advance for something that might be created at some point in the future ... but that's just my two cents. i've lost money as well by prepaying for the MC control panels, but we're talking about 80 bucks here, so not much harm done!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
I think that's a shame that you would support a company that has taken thousands of dollars from other good collectors.

To say it's their fault for sending the money is outrageous.