Author Topic: Tokyo Retro Arcade  (Read 13513 times)

jimmy2x2x

• View Profile
Re: Tokyo Retro Arcade
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »
Excellent report - many thanks!

I really like the extended horizontal control panels on the cocktail cabs, not really seen that style of CP in the UK.

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 12:16:19 PM »
I want one of those Outrun cockpits, never seen one the same!
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Dr. Blair

• View Profile
    • The Sci-fi Review Podcast
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
Nice pics. I'll have to post some pics next time I go to Akihabara. There's a retro game store (mostly counsel games, but a cool retro arcade too) that I like to go to that I think you'll all enjoy. Here's the link:

http://www.superpotato.com/free_html.php?html=about_shop.html

Quick note: In Japan in the 80s, cocktail tables were often found in coffee shops that tough kids used as hang outs. When I asked one of my Japanese friends what comes to mind when he sees a cocktail table he told me, "skipping school and smoking cigarettes."

“My ambition is handicapped by laziness” -- Charles Bukowski

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »
Some hot stuff there :)

Is that a "Sitdown-Afterburner"?

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »
I think it's even worse ... it seems to be a generic candy cab with an AB control panel. Totally crazy but in Japan the people doesn't seem to have much love (or space) for real dedicated cabs. Even the tables are more or less generic.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:21:09 AM by PunkRockCaveman »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Nice pics. I'll have to post some pics next time I go to Akihabara. There's a retro game store (mostly counsel games, but a cool retro arcade too) that I like to go to that I think you'll all enjoy. Here's the link:

http://www.superpotato.com/free_html.php?html=about_shop.html

Quick note: In Japan in the 80s, cocktail tables were often found in coffee shops that tough kids used as hang outs. When I asked one of my Japanese friends what comes to mind when he sees a cocktail table he told me, "skipping school and smoking cigarettes."

I've been to some superpotato's too and got myself an original famicom.  ;D I also got some great pictures from retro gamestores in DenDenTown Osaka, will post them when i got the time.

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »
THX for the pics !   sweet cocktail tables  :P

but the prices are just illogic !  100y for a play for oldies !  :roll:.   in some kansai places  it's about 20y for a play.. tokyo $$$

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
Thats a shame ....

really great pics....the only thing I miss is Bishi-Bashi. Totally love that !!!!!

Would be great to have that at a future Eurocade but I know these beasts are HUUUUUUUGE !!!

I love the concept of all thise minigames  and it sure is fun with three players :) its simply nice to bang away at huge buttons for a change ;)

But Bishi is too modern for that place I suppose....(see, I do like modern day Japanese arcade games. I would also love to play a Samba d'Amigo arcade cab.....

Too bad the rules of Eurocade prevent me from bringing this game (as I don't have a dedicated cab) but I do have 2 Bishis and an big button panel along with it, only it fits to a candy .......
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48:51 AM »
but the prices are just illogic !  100y for a play for oldies !  :roll:.   in some kansai places  it's about 20y for a play.. tokyo $$$
Keikan Retro Arcade near Shibuya station was cheaper then 100¥. Guess they asked 50¥ or less.
http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=shibuya&hl=nl&ll=35.660112,139.699525&spn=0.003774,0.008245&sll=52.469397,5.509644&sspn=5.797594,16.885986&hnear=Shibuya,+Tokio,+Japan&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=35.660128,139.69941&panoid=VB8jRCO123UrSiyyV8WQ1A&cbp=12,144.01,,0,-1.11