Author Topic: Pole Position 2  (Read 5140 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Pole Position 2
« on: February 01, 2011, 04:20:54 PM »
If you remember, I found a Pole Position 2 in the Abandoned warehouse last year and it was a love at first sight. :-* :oops:
This baby is just 9 years younger than me, we could be a nice couple. ;D
To be serious, unfortunately there was no pcb in it and the whole wiring harness was also missing, so I started the hunt for the parts.
I asked a lot of PP owners if anybody have some spare parts, but the concordant answer was "forget about that, PP is a real pain in the ass".Finally my german friend ;D advised me to convert it to a mame :twisted: cabinet.
Originally I didn't plan to let any pc based thing to my collection, but in this case I had to make en exception, cause I really wanted to be together with my love. ;D
As I know almost nothing about mame, I asked a guy from the hungarian pinball forums to make it for me and after 6 months it is ready.
Please don't ask me technical questions about the hardware and the building of this machine, I really don't know anything. ::)
There were more or less 60 driving games installed (Super Sprint, Outrun, Spy Hunter, Monaco gp, etc.:), but I think only some of them will be playable with one pedal and a gear shifter.
Some pics:

And the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY1u-z4sYs8

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Pole Position 2
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »
fantastic, bela, that's what i would do if i had a PP cab myself - it's simply the best option to get this cab up and (keep it) running!

i like your video, especially because you crashed into that pepsi sign at the end. imho the only good thing you can do with pepsi ... :D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »
Hi!

Nice machine ... I own the same one. Fortunately mine is still working (fingers crossed). If my pcb quits I will consider using mame on this one too. I wouldn't install a frontend and more games though  :wink:

Maybe you could remove the gear display in the lower right corner. The bad thing is, that you have to recompile your own Mame version for that ... That would correct the strange shifter handling, too.  :)

Cheers, prc

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
Cool Bela !

I think its the best option in this situation

Anyway, i know you dont do the techie stuff, but we like techie pics too ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
fantastic, bela, that's what i would do if i had a PP cab myself - it's simply the best option to get this cab up and (keep it) running!

i like your video, especially because you crashed into that pepsi sign at the end. imho the only good thing you can do with pepsi ... :D
I was hunting for that sign! :twisted:
Cool Bela !

I think its the best option in this situation

Anyway, i know you dont do the techie stuff, but we like techie pics too ;)
No problem, pics coming soon. ;)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »
nice work bela , love it. despite its storage condition, the cab is still in great shape

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
Hey Bela, you have almost all my games  ;D.
 ;).