Author Topic: DLF's HellCade Thread  (Read 67397 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: DLF's HellCade Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »
Its indeed weird, i have never seen this happen, only on IPad i have seen it, when you took a picture and it was rotated when uploaded.

Weird indeed.

Yeah, it looks just fine on my Mac...

And Apple stuff is not expensive. People only look at initial buying price....It lasts 3 times as long and it keeps 4 times it's value compared to competitors stuff...and it works....it always works, without irritating me. And I'll live with this small bug....But please let's not get into this shit again.... :)

I worked as an Apple-technican...

Belive me, it lasts half as long.

Iphone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S (than I stopped working there) notorious for homebuttons that stop working. 4S....speaker-assembly is to change at 8 of 10 devices. 3GS....I dont even start.....

Also that Apple stuff keeps its value is not true. As for the mobiles it is VERY important which carrier branded (simlocked) the phone. I had a girl with a 4S on T-Mobile.....impossible to sell.

It was bandbase-depending if you can unlock it or not...from what I have been told newer models can not be unlocked by yourself since the guy that wrote the programms works for Apple now.

The computers: Nowadays you have the same components in Windows and Apple-computers....but you pay 4x what you pay for comparable model with windows.

I do not say Windows is a very good programm. I was a graphic designer working in the biggest media-company in Austria and I was working on an old Apple-terminal (I think it was O.S.8 but I am not an Apple-Pro and its 12 or more years ago).

That thing crashed 2 times in 2 months.....and it was in use at least 12hours a day. A very stable system but the prices are joke.

The girl with the Iphone I could´nt sell also had a Mac Book, I5/2GB RAM/ 15"......nothing very fancy....2500Euro!!!!

I have an Asus A95V that had the very newest I7 -3610 (the first device with the third gen-I7´s) 8GB RAM (with higher BUS-Speed than the Apple-RAM´s) 4 RAM-Slots to expand to 32GB RAM, 1TB-HDD, a second HDD-slot for a SSD (standard-size which you have in the tower-PC´s). 18,4" 1080p-Display. GForce GT630M USB 3.0 and and...and it was not even 800€!!!

So if I resell it for 400€ I lost 400€.....if I buy a 2500€ MacBook and get 1000 when I resell it....or even 1500 and you wont get 1500 after 3 years you lost 1000-1500€....so where is the deal????

And I dont want to start with my friends Dell XPS with 120HRz 3D-Display and JBL-Soundsystem with subwoofer and illuminated keyboard.

The mobiles from Apple are a joke anyways. Apple-guys just dont know what specs the Android-devices have, but if we start to compare the phones we will need centuries, no chance that an Apple-phone can compete with a HTC, Xperia, LG and for sure not with high-class Samsung-mobiles.

Meanwhile Apple does nothing else than to copy what Samsung have like hardbeat-sensor, big displays but with lower resolution (since the first generation of the Iphone), Phablet-style devices and so on and selling that as there own innovations but since Apple-customers never compare tech-specs they never know how far back there mobile is...but how I said, I dont want to go into mobile comparissm´s.

What I dont like is not Apple itself, what I dont like is the stupid community that buys whatever Apple produces.

Back in the day when I as working on that very reliable Apple-computer NOBODY cared about Apple...and they was close to bankrupcy!
Then the stupid Iphone came and now everybody want to tell me how advanced Apple is....but all of them only buy it out of fashion.

If you discuss the performance of there Iphones with a high-end Samsung it ALWAYS ends with "....ok but I just like it" or ".....ok, but its ok for me" or "I only need it to call and to check FB/Whats App".....and therefore I need the most expensive device????

By the way, is the Cabinet with the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig CP designed to land on a aircraft-carrier?  ;D ;D ;D

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 12:31:52 AM »
Hey Syno, I asked please no Apple discussion :) I know you are rather new here and believe me, we've been through this routine :) Neither camp is going to convince the other so.....let's just stick with what we are happy with.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2014, 01:49:25 AM »

I did'nt wanted to participate,....but with the line: Apple is NOT expensive you had me ;)

Ok.., lets come back the aircraft-cabinet XD
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2014, 05:50:26 AM »
Talking about a aircraft, this is one of my old time favorites  :D

Anyway,

but you have The Trooper on the shelf !, so you're good in my book  ;)

That computerspace is the best bruno, i think it wins the compitition  :D

This one has it all, a double decker CP that has the best place for 2 spinners, i bet it plays very comfortable where he mounted them  ;D

But it think this is a WIP picture, or did he forgot to mount the "pinball"  buttons ?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:59:02 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »
I really don't get why people want ALL sort of controllers on ONE controlpanel. Even in my worst/first days I made an interchangeable panel. One with two joysticks and one with a joystick and a trackball.

I 'like' the panel with the trackball on the faaaar right side the 'most' ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »
More crap.

Ultimate Nintendo system ?

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 10:21:16 AM »
Atleast they did not rape an excisting cabinet for that monstrosity  :lol:

ajhippel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »
Atleast they did not rape an excisting cabinet for that monstrosity  :lol:

talking about raping an existing cab...this one really tops it:

guess what original cab this was ?
there is too much butter on those trays

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
Holy cr#p...

I must admit I used reverse image search...
But...Holy cr#p....

That turns my stomach...The whole build thread is like watching amateur eye surgery...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:25:50 AM by Vond »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »
Atleast they did not rape an excisting cabinet for that monstrosity  :lol:

talking about raping an existing cab...this one really tops it:

guess what original cab this was ?

Looks like a Tank  :D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
Holy cr#p...

I must admit I used reverse image search...
But...Holy cr#p....

That turns my stomach...The whole build thread is like watching amateur eye surgery...

poor Tank. :(
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ajhippel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »
yes it was a tank.
and according to klov it was a very very early one:

"The first 50 or so cabinets have a protruding wooden coin box area, between the two speaker grills and above the footpad."

:'(
there is too much butter on those trays

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
how bout this beautiful cocktail ?

I guess andre loves it...  it has GALAXIAN !!  :D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
We are under attack..... WE-ARE-UNDER-ATTACK!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:56:27 PM by synonym9 »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
Great job cutting out the cabs :)