Author Topic: [Wanted] Fan Guard / Grill (see inside)  (Read 2358 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
[Wanted] Fan Guard / Grill (see inside)
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
ok guys, the beat-up vindicators i got for free was missing the grill on the lower back of the cabinet

the manual lists this as a FAN GUARD (although there's no fan installed ???)

have a look at the following picture, this is how my cabinet was when i got it :(

the dimension of the hole (which the grill needs to cover) are as follows:

A= 10.1 centimeters
B = 8.8 centimeters

the diagonal C of the fan guard (from hole to hole) measured in at roughly 15.5 centimeters (around 6 inches). however, this measure is just a rough estimate since i've already fixed the damages and i can't see the original holes anymore ;)

here's the only picture of a vindicators cab i could find which shows the actual fan guard. not the best quality and angle, but better than nothing!

anyway, if someone had a fan guard / grill of roughly that size lying around and would be willing to part with it, please feel free to contact me. or perhaps you know of a place where i can get a similar grill ...

so please bring on those grills!!! :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Wanted] Fan Guard / Grill (see inside)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
Here's my grill, but I don't think it'll fit.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
Maybe this ?
http://nl.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0512581

cool, this is ALMOST what i'm looking for, andré, but "your version" has barbed inserts already pre-installed. there is also a version with what they call "through-holes" which can be screwed on (part # 92165-2-2929, see data sheet from your link). however, this version is NOT available at rs online (neither germany nor the netherlands) and i don't want to order this tiny part from the states or somewhere foreign. so i guess i'll go with the barbed insert version, drill some holes and simply click it it. the problem is that this is more difficult to remove than the screw version, but who needs to remove it once it is installed anyway? or i could order two of those and try to remove the inserts on one of them (or drill them out). if this doesn't work, i can always use the second one. after all, they only cost a little more than 2.50 euros!

thx a lot, andré!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
I have send my little helper on a mission  ;D

I dont know Xander, lets wait what Ully has got to say  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
:) :D ;D

thx a lot for your help, "petit etienne" 8), but i guess i need a rectangular grill (or a round one with a rectangular frame) to cover a rectangular hole, don't you think?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
yes, i think that too, but i could not restist to send my little helper on a mission  ;D