Author Topic: OK, I'll pop the question that nobody dares to ask.....Ms.Pac decals, yes or no?  (Read 69236 times)

WunderCade

• View Profile

@wundercade: do you have any recommendations on where to get the stencils (quality- and price-wise?) ...

PM sent my friend.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
WOW! Darin's Ms Pac. sideart stickers are $200 US? Yikes, that is more than stencils!

Hopefully, if Darin receives enough suggestions, he can change the side art copyright from Namco 1982 to Midway 1981 to match the awesome Ms. Pac CPO he has reproduced.  Until then, I'd hate to use the side art decals with the Namco 1982, that error would bother me too much to pay 200 dollars for. Wouldn't it be easy to fix that art file, just change the letters and numbers? That actual artwork looks really good.

I emailed Darin about the copyright issue, he told me he will probably change is it the future but he has still a very large stock which has to go first.  

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
WOW! Darin's Ms Pac. sideart stickers are $200 US? Yikes, that is more than stencils!

i've seen that as well - 200 bucks for those decals is really a lot.

Yeah, but you don't need paint, and far less hours. Financial wise decals are the cheapest of the two, but not original. That's why I still haven't decided yet which way to go.

@Wundercade, could you PM me too?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

Hopefully, if Darin receives enough suggestions, he can change the side art copyright from Namco 1982 to Midway 1981 to match the awesome Ms. Pac CPO he has reproduced.  Until then, I'd hate to use the side art decals with the Namco 1982, that error would bother me too much to pay 200 dollars for. Wouldn't it be easy to fix that art file, just change the letters and numbers? That actual artwork looks really good.

I emailed Darin about the copyright issue, he told me he will probably change is it the future but he has still a very large stock which has to go first.  
Yeah that's what I figured, but that's also why I want a price-cut :)

Indeed decals are way cheaper because (specially mixed) good quality paint is expensive, plus think about rollers or spraying equipment.

WunderCade

• View Profile

Yeah, but you don't need paint, and far less hours. Financial wise decals are the cheapest of the two, but not original. That's why I still haven't decided yet which way to go.

Did you guys see this Pac Man stencil painting solution over on KLOV? It turned out great and no compressor was needed. I may try this. Make sure to read scroll down that thread to see his fantastic stencil results:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=1242633&postcount=17

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
i've been trying to find something like this in germany about a year ago when i saw a guy's wild western resto on klov:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=34995&highlight=taito+wild+western

this is the item that he used and i have to say: the results look stunning! http://store.fastcommerce.com/PaintProsUSA/prod-ff80808117344aab01175583b66e6c0d.html

as i've already said: i TRIED to find something like that, but failed, because i didn't know (and still don't) what the generic term for something like that is (neither in german nor in english)! perhaps i should resume my search ...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:34:18 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

WunderCade

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:12:51 AM by WunderCade »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
i don't think that american shops would send something like the spray tool over here because of the explosvie character of that stuff. i've once asked a shop in england to send a spray can over and they refused to do so for the same reason! >:(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
Hi,

For me it's A+B :)

Thanks
Franck
Have You Played Atari Today ?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Fortunately the Euro is getting stronger again. Any update André?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Uh....I don't know why but I kinda' dragged this one.....

Let me get everything updated and get back to you guys....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
OK, another very busy weekend....the good news is that the Euro seems to be back on it's feet and is about 10 cents higher then when I started this thread !!!

Let's sum it up, here is the short list again:

A) Ms.Pac Full set of cabinet artwork (sides + kick-plate)
B) Ms.Pac CPO
C) Ms.Pac Marquee

Level 42: A + B + DK side-art    
DarthNuno: C
CKONG: B + Galaga side-art and kickplate set ($70) + Galaga CPO: $40
Ully: B + Galaga side-art and kickplate set ($70) + Galaga CPO: $40
AtariMania: A+B

If anything is summed up here incorrectly please let me know !

A quick calculation of the total (bruto): $853

If anyone still wants something say it NOW (ok within 24h.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:20:16 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
To my Berzerk friends: I will add one of those Stern Coin Door decals for my Berzerk. How about you guys ? I don't see the other version happening very soon AND this version was also used on Berzerks so it is still original.

They're 5 bucks a piece (damn !)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
the good news is that the Euro seems to be back on it's feet and is about 10 cents higher then when I started this thread !!!

let's wait another half a year to make this extremely cheap  ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
the good news is that the Euro seems to be back on it's feet and is about 10 cents higher then when I started this thread !!!

let's wait another half a year to make this extremely cheap  ;)
Are you Dutch?  ;)