Author Topic: I hate Nintendo  (Read 13530 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: I hate Nintendo
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
SMW for the SNES is ranking in my top 10 of best games ever.

I specially bought a (used) SNES for it when the system was getting a bit older already from a boy on the flea-market that people are traditionally doing on Queen's day. I asked if SMW was with the set and he confirmed and told me there were more games too but I was hardly interested in them ;) As long as SMW was there :) It did also include an adapter to play US games...(to keep in spirit with this thread). It also has F-Zero which is a pretty fun game once in a while.

I especially associate  it with x-mas holidays because my nephew and I used to play it a lot then :) (YEARS ago of course)

A game I'd really like to get for it is Donkey Kong Country as I've never tried it...

I saw EWJ and wasn't that impressed by it but I didn't actually play it so I may well be wrong....

I guess I could simply download SMW on the Wii and buy one of those special controllers, but there is something magic about that SNES controller....and I am a bit allergic to emulation as everyone knows so I wonder how "real" it feels on the Wii....

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
Get super mario world 2: yoshi's island, it's even better then super mario world!

mchay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
A 50/60hz moddet SNES with an RGB cable on a CRT television is just great entertainment.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Get super mario world 2: yoshi's island, it's even better then super mario world!

NO WAY. Yoshi's Island is the MOST ANNOYING GAME EVER! It made me turn my back onto Nintendo and never touch their consoles again. If you are hit in YI, you get the most irritating piece of 8-bit noise ever composed as some CRAP BABY is flying away in a bubble, and if you rescue it in time, you can go on. Don't know who came up with that stupidest ever alternative to Sonic loosing rings, but I would ask the Darkstalkers to kill that guy in a dark alley if he reveals himself!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
Guess Blanka didn't really like Yoshi's Island.... :roll: :roll:

I think I played it back in the day (sometimes I think borrowed or maybe even rented games) but can't say that I thought it was better then SMW (or else I would definitely remind). I think it was a bit too pinky and childish (that is if my memory service me well) but I didn't hate it, it was an OK game....

[Edit] just watched it on youtube. Yes definitely played that for a while but I didn't think it was better than SMW. It was a great game though....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:01:42 PM by Level42 »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
Hahaha, to each his own, but calling it the most annoying game ever goes a little bit too far.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
Hahaha, to each his own, but calling it the most annoying game ever goes a little bit too far.

Indeed !  We all know that that was that game featured in the beginning of War Games !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
Can we please add an extra forum rule: LEVEL42 isn't allowed to talk anymore about Galaxian VS Galaga, thanks!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:19:47 PM by gyruss »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
...speaking about Nintendo SNES, If I have to pick up only 5 games, it would be (no particular order) :

SMW
Starfox
Street Fighter II
Zelda (a link to...)
Donkey Kong Country

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »
@Gyruss => I agree !!! Seriously: I quit about it....even I get tired of it myself and it's no fun anymore :P

Never heard about Star Fox, looks pretty cool !

I do remember a "side scrolling" Capcom shooter (which also was an arcade game) with really big planes, you flew through the clouds and stuff. Looked pretty impressive and was a cool game....

mchay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
Secret of Mana, Super Metroid and Mario Kart where also some good games, and still are.

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
@Gyruss => I agree !!! Seriously: I quit about it....even I get tired of it myself and it's no fun anymore :P

Never heard about Star Fox, looks pretty cool !

I do remember a "side scrolling" Capcom shooter (which also was an arcade game) with really big planes, you flew through the clouds and stuff. Looked pretty impressive and was a cool game....

I think its un squadron (area 88 other title)The arcade sequel carrier airwing is better imho

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »
Earthworm Jim is one of my Fav SNES games but if i had a other favorite id say DOOM for SNES. It is the best port of DOOM ever!
Dunno what to put here.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »
I played and enjoyed Starfox on my SNES so much back in the days.
Tried it again a few weeks but it has aged dramatically...
If you really loved it like I did better don't play it in 2012.
Probably a bit like the haircut I had back then: definitely not 2012 friendly.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 01:38:45 AM »