Author Topic: Japandeal arcade parts shop -> reliable?  (Read 11271 times)

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
Japandeal arcade parts shop -> reliable?
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
Hi all,
I just found this website:
http://www.grebo.eu/arcadegames/shop/index_eur.htm

They provide cheap parts and free shipping when you order for €20 minimum. I want to buy some stuff from them, is there anyone on this forum who has experience with this shop? ???

Kev
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Japandeal arcade parts shop -> reliable?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »
I've never seen this shop.
It looks like it's still 'under construction' (many products are labeled 'More information soon').

Free freight worldwide is a very interesting thing. Nice items, such the same converter (RGB 15K(CGA)-24K(EGA)-31K(VGA) to VGA) I've used  for my APB workshop, and for a nice price (48€).
So why not try it someday?  :roll:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
Wow this is great ! They even offer various monitor chassis. I'm thinking of replacing some chassis on some monitors. Not sure about the budget quality one's but for 45 euro's (Incl. shipping !) it's a very nice offer to try.

I've seen chassis in the US for similar prices and even just contacted a manufacturer in China to see if they'd sell 5 or 10 or so.

Think about the cost of a re-cap kit, the tedious cleaning, repairing etc. of the original chassis.

The high quality one's maybe considered as well, they indicate they are power saving and we all know the monitor is the biggest energy consumer in a cab.

They even list that they will be carrying complete CRT monitors but not in stock now.

This is great as I know not a single adress in Europe that still sells CRT monitors.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Hi all,
I just found this website:
http://www.grebo.eu/arcadegames/shop/index_eur.htm

They provide cheap parts and free shipping when you order for €20 minimum. I want to buy some stuff from them, is there anyone on this forum who has experience with this shop? ???

Kev

Never heard,

it is located in sweden not japan

You should call by phone the guy and see if it is a real pro shop or just an amatuer

Just to be sure to not send money away for nothing..

Think about it

Mav

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »
I just placed a small order, I will let you guys know if I got scammed or got a good deal. :lol:

I found a reference on another arcade forum, it references to www.arcadegames.se. There is a link to the webshop on that page. On the forum I also found out it is handled by an enthusiast. It seems he gets Japanese parts on a monthly basis or something like that...

I'll keep you updated.
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »
You should call by phone the guy and see if it is a real pro shop or just an amatuer
He kind of answers this himself on the site:
http://www.grebo.eu/arcadegames/shop/information_eng.htm

He says he's not trying to earn a lot of money with it just helping out fellow arcade fans. If you'd call that a real pro shop or amateur I don't know, but I don't care either. Most of the people selling stuff in the arcade hobby are "amateurs" in the sense that they don't do this for their _main_ business. Mostly, I actually prefer them over the "real pro shop" because of direct personal contact. Examples are Bob Roberts, Groovy Game Gear, Mamemarquees, ThisOldGame etc.

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:37:33 AM »
My parts finally arrived from sweden (actually they arrived yesterday). There has been a small delay because of the 3 day Belgian post office strike last week. >:(
There was a good communication with the seller and the parts arrived in a decent package, so I can definitely recommend this webshop.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:06:44 PM »
Thanks for the Feed back  :-*

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »
Ordered tons of stuff with Figge. Great chap great arcade stuff too.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Valsimot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
I just got a small order from Japandeal delivered and he seems like a great guy, fast shipping too!

Two things to keep in mind when ordering from him:
1) E-mails from @grebo.eu might end up in your spam box (they did for me on gmail)
2) "Japandeal" buttons are convex - I thought they were concave when I looked at the pic