Author Topic: most wanted, dead or alive  (Read 15805 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: most wanted, dead or alive
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »
but isn't there a reason why those games are obscure and rare? they were out in the open, they TRIED to be mainstream, but eventually failed because the audience didn't like them (because they sucked ;)). i'd rather have a collection of mainstream games that everyone enjoys than a collection of obscure games that noone knows and probably will not like. don't get me wrong, thomas, i somehow admire you for your desire to go off-mainstream and i honestly think it's an honorable thing to do, it's just not my take on arcade stuff. wie wir deutschen sagen: jedem das seine (to each his own)!

btw, in 3000 years humanity is probably going to be extint!!! :twisted:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:23 PM »
the audience didn't like them (because they sucked ;)).

Well, does I, Robot suck? Sigma Spiders doesn't suck either. Two examples for games that weren't succesful/accepted by the "audience", despite not being suckers at all. One was too weird and far out/learning curve to steep, the other was kinda weird and cheap but first and foremost didnt have massive distribution I suppose.

There are many more layers to everything. Even audience is a VERY multi-layered behemoth.

Well, ENOUGH! Help me get these games please please please!

:ghost: :evil: :twisted: :!: :lol: :arrow: :pac: :? :roll: :oops: :shock: :wink: :'( :-* :-\ :-X :-[ :P ::) ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D ;) :)

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 11:40:48 PM »
i have to agree with Ully but if i had more money (and space) maybe i would be into more obscure games too..
Saw that d-day cab at an exposition in Amsterdam but (i believe) it was converted to another game..  :roll:

I do like Piranha though, the cabinet is simply beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=734fWqtk0XE#!

Tup

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »
I never heard of the games you mentioned so I looked them up in my Mame collection. Most of the cabs look really cool! Also played most of the games and they are, let's say interesting. I wouldn't buy them myself but that is coz the games that I do buy (or still looking for and hoping to buy) I chose based on the games I used to play when I was young. But than again, I don't see myself as a collector but more as a gamer.
And I enjoyed reading your philosofical take on why you want those particular games, Thomas  :!:   I for one hope that you find at least a few. Just read that Lloyd is getting a new batch of machines so fingers crossed  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
Well, ENOUGH! Help me get these games please please please!

agreed: enough!

let's try to fill up this container, doesn't matter which games are in there!!!

btw, where do we stand, thomas? have we reached the halfway point (number of games-wise)?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:45 AM »
There was a Caterpillar at the Belgian Warehouse last time I was there:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:22:06 AM by chrischris »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »
There was a Caterpillar at the Belgian Warehouse last time I was there:

WHAT do I have to DO to GET IT!!??!!??
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
WHAT do I have to DO to GET IT!!??!!??

very easy: perform "(c) bela's dance of joy" ;D

no, honestly, contact andré (level42), i'm pretty sure that the game is still there!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
i
I do like Piranha though, the cabinet is simply beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=734fWqtk0XE#!
+1, we had one of these at our local amusement park's arcade, great game, never passed level 1 though. :D

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »
i
+1, we had one of these at our local amusement park's arcade, great game, never passed level 1 though. :D

Sounds promising. I will most probably get one in the US :) :pac:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »
Contact Level42 for that Caterpillar, but i think there's a chance it's already promised to somebody else.....

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »
Surprised you want a Venture Line Looping, the game was just licensed. A German company actually made the game. I have an original pcb somewhere. The name was 'something GmbH' If you look on the Venture Line flyer you can see the license information.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
Surprised you want a Venture Line Looping, the game was just licensed. A German company actually made the game. I have an original pcb somewhere. The name was 'something GmbH' If you look on the Venture Line flyer you can see the license information.

I know that, its from Video Games GmbH. The company only developed two games before it got sold. The second one is Super Tank. In the US Super Tank was licensed to Computran. Look it up, awesome artwork.
It seems like all these games used some kind of standard cabinet in the US. And a lot of them have really awesome artwork like Spiders, Super Tank, Piranha, 800 Fathoms the list goes on and on. I like the look of these cabs a lot.

For Looping: Well I want the Venture Line version because I have a Spiders from them already. Actually I would love to get all Venture Line cabs/kits.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
I have played an original German Looping :) :)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
I have played an original German Looping :) :)

Table or upright?