Author Topic: who recognizes this PCB  (Read 3460 times)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
who recognizes this PCB
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:09:16 AM »
I got this PCB and I want to find out what it is.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: who recognizes this PCB
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:44 AM »
Mmmm, maybe Pac -like hardware ?

Not sure.

If you have an EPROM burner you could read and ID the ROM online....

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:20:37 AM »
It has some slight similarity to a Phoenix board, at least the pinout seems to match (3 connected pins at the right hand side of the connector, let me guess that on the opposite side 4 pins are connected).
This pinout was used on a variety of boards, Phoenix, Crazy Kong, and many others, there might be some slight differences, use at your own risk: http://www.crazykong.com/pins/Phoenix.pin.txt

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
It has some slight similarity to a Phoenix board, at least the pinout seems to match (3 connected pins at the right hand side of the connector, let me guess that on the opposite side 4 pins are connected).
This pinout was used on a variety of boards, Phoenix, Crazy Kong, and many others, there might be some slight differences, use at your own risk: http://www.crazykong.com/pins/Phoenix.pin.txt

Thanks for the support, I will check it out.... But not today because I have to get a machine up and running for Eurocade!

CrazyKongFan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
It doesn't match the bootleg Phoenix board I have (I think it's labeled TIM-8001). Mine has 12 2716 EPROM's on one of the boards, and just TTL chips and stuff on the other board. It does use the Falcon pinout though, and works (without sound, probably a board issue, I got it untested) in my Crazy Kong cab, although the sync is off (might also be a board issue, as I can get it to lock in once in awhile)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
you should have brought it with you to EC, i have tested some boards from psykick yesterday in my CrazyKong cabinet...