Author Topic: playstation 2 demopod  (Read 7659 times)

Reboot

• View Profile
playstation 2 demopod
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »

Just bought a playstation 2 demopod. Nice condition, key missing and one broken joypad but most important i'm missing the powercable,which turned out to be a strange one. Never seen the connection before.

Does someone else also has one and is willing to send me a picture of it,or know where to buy it?

Instruction manual/leaflet scan wanted also (on how to dismantel it to replace the broken joypad) (seen a leaflet  at a sale on marktplaats earlier this year)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:33:32 PM by Reboot »

Reboot

• View Profile
Re: playstation 2 demopod
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »
Dismanted the case (4 allen screws) and my brother who visited me today repaired the joypad.

just a normal 6 powersocket was placed within where the ps2, tv and lamps were inserted, with that ''security'' socket at the end.
So replacing that with a normal powerplug is the easiest way.

Finally i could test it and it's working 100%. Tv and ps2 were good, only one fluorescent tube had to be replaced.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:00:57 PM by Reboot »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »
It looks like a plug that i have seen in my kitchen sockets that interconnect wall sockets.
i have a lamp and a wallsocket interconnected under the top closets like that

http://www.ergotopics.eu/catalogus/artikel/stekkerdozen_stekker

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:45:09 AM by Etienne »

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Thanks etienne for the link, to bad the photo don't let you see the plug clearly upfront.

Have been to the local electronic store today with the contraplug, which i dismanteld from the cab, and the man recognized the plug, but sadly in backorder. Used for fluorescent tube lamps he sad. Holes could be on the wrong side though so wil have to come back next week to check if it will fit.

Here are more pictures of the demopod's inside for reference (haven't found photo's of it online, so here they are)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:57:38 PM by Reboot »

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
Bought another one cheap which had the power cable and is a v2 or so (how many version are there? I know these two and an accessoire that you can click on top of the demopod for the eyetoy. For the first one there is an iron frame gameholder, which isn't needed anymore for v2 because it has one build in)

Seach the difference :)

Seller told me the tv (Sony KV=21FX30B), which is a higher model than the first demopod (Sony KV-21FX20B),
misfunctioned. Only the color green is shown.

But luckily it was the ps2 av/scart cable. Had another good one lying around, so used that one.

Here are some pictures of the powercable i was searching and was the reason to start this toppic.

And here is a picture of the instruction leaflet, which isn't a loose paper but a sticker on the left side of the box.

This conclude this toppic. Thanks to all  :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
If you consider selling one, drop me a pm  ;)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 04:00:03 PM »
If you consider selling one, drop me a pm  ;)

For the time being i'm not considering selling one (use them to link or place my ps1 in the other one)
but i saw another one for sale (although a bit steep in price)
Has some nice other things as well (only high pices  :( )
such as a xbox demopod, a tekken lifesize actionfigure.

http://link.marktplaats.nl/571658269

Will look for them. If i see one popping up again (regulary) at marktplaats i will notify you

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
Follow up on the conclusion  :)

Just found the key for these pods, turned out that the key fitt both my ps2 demopod so mayby one key fitts all ps2 pods.

A new question. What is the best glue for rubber? One of the rubber arms has broken off

Another sony tv model is usable Sony KV-21CL10B

So all Sony 21" models are usable if it has these 'square holes' at the bottom

And finally a picture of the powerplug i bought with a name of the plug(?)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »
Was changing tv models on my pods and discovered a difference in the back hight of the playstation logo light. One model was a bit smaller (1 cm) than the others so my conclusion that you can use alle sony 21" models with those hole at the back is wrong!

Models with Sony KV-21CL10B tv has the smaller logo light so those can be replaced with the other models, but models with
Sony KV-21FX30B and Sony KV-21FX20B can't be replaced with the bigger Sony KV-21CL10B.

Sony KV-21CL10B

Sony KV-21FX30B and Sony KV-21FX20B