Author Topic: Visiting the Finny's Museum !!! Yeah Baby Yeah ^^  (Read 22537 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Visiting the Finny's Museum !!! Yeah Baby Yeah ^^
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:20:32 AM »
This is it ^^ I met the man ^^ The ultimate 'Don Bluth'  collector in the world... I met Jason Finn ... in his Lair   8)  :lol:

I was few days in London for holiday... So close to the Finny's Lair... impossible to resist... I had to see with my own eyes all his tresors ...

It's sunday, the 15th of  january 2006...  let's go to Victoria Station in London...

I call Jason... we fix a meeting point  8)

Oppss... he doesn't live so close to London...  :?  Well, I'm motivate... let's go for   45 minutes in the train...

:?  Arg... Some work on the rail this sunday  :?  No luck... we have to get the bus for ... another 30 minutes to drive ...

... so we have the oportunity to be in these *famous* English red bus  :)  :)

Jason is right on time. He catches us on the Bus station... WOow ... The guy is physically impressive... I'll call him 'Space Ace'  :shock:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

He's really very kind... by the way Jason,  sorry for my bad english and thanks for your patience

And finally, after 15 minutes of driving... we arrive  :)  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

...in heaven :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Jason starts to present  me all the items inside his lair, and of course, he plugs the games. Oh Yeah  :D  :D  :D

Let's play the 'cinematronic' version...

Mhhh I really suck on it   :?  What a shame... Jason is behind me...  :?  I've now a lot of pressure  :?
Well, let's see if Jason is a good Dragon's Lair player  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:   :?:  :?:  :?:  :wink:

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  Oppsss... He beats the Dragon without losing a life  :roll: ... I see he knows every moves for every rom versions  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  [Darth Vader voice mode=on] IMPRESSIVE !!!

The all famous 'full size' Dirk ...

I'm curious to see how the 20th anniversary re-edition of the game looks like  :?:

... funny to play Dragon's Lair on on that huge scren  :roll:, but the video quality is not so good than a real laser disc picture...

Let's continue 'the visit'  :arrow:

... original deleted scene... now included in the 20th anniversary version...

... mind MB DL game box, and a never seen 'counting target set' game ? Impressive  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

...game overture frame... Yes, we all know this frame  :D  :wink:

Wanna drink something  :P  :wink:

Various items... now I understand who's the highest bidder for most of these items  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Ok, now it's time to have a look at the Dragon's Lair II area  :roll:

... I'm not a good player at Dragon's Lair II  :?  :?  :?  But I know it's the Jason's favorite game...  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I ask him 'Can you finish the game'  :?:  :roll:  He said "Well, it's been a while, but... let's try it..."

Believe or not, but I saw him going to the end of the game without missing any moves    !!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: Incredible...  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

And now, the Space Ace area  :shock:

I can resist to play on the dedicated version  :D

What a beautifull game... in excellent condition  :shock:  

Nothing to say...  just look  :shock:  8)

... and I see the famous 'custom' Space Ace cab... just look that wonderfull sideart...

S.P.E.C.T.A.C.U.L.A.R.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

... Jason shows me now his huge laser disc collection  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

He has 'some' spares LD   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  Thanks again Jason  :wink:  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

And now... an historical moment for me  :roll:

:arrow:  touching the Holy Graal  :arrow:  my right hand is touching... the Dragon's Lair sn#1, owned by Don Bluth himself  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Space Ace & Dexter  :D  :D  :D  :D  ... note that i can't remove my hand from the sn#1 :roll:

This is it  :D  That museum is still under construction ( 80 % done according Jason), so that room will become more and more beautifull ( is it possible ???!!! ),  I won't show all the pictures taken ... Stay Tuned :)

I would like to thanks once again Jason for beeing so kind with us, and allows me to show his entire collection. He takes all the time needed to explain every items.
 I wish to every Dragon's Lair fans and Don Bluth fans to have the same  opportunity : to see this *INCREDIBLE* collection   :shock: and meet a really great guy called Space Ace... opps... I mean Jason :roll:  :D
I Hope to come back very soon ^^

Thanks  Thanks  Thanks Jason  :)

Finny's Lair previous pictures still available here :

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/collectors/collectors.htm

Col. Phil Bilko

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:25:05 AM »
Ok, you really piss me off.......... You get to do all the fun things hahahaha

Your trip looks like it was a blast. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Take care.

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
    • http://www.jasonfinn.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »
Hey  Bruno,

Many thanks for coming to see my Lair, its good to see such nice collectors enjoying our passion, you and your wife were great guests, your english is better than mine, your wife spoke good to, even though she wasnt has confident as you....the Place will be completly finished in a few months, when I get all my stuff together, Its finding the time to actually spend finishing the place, I dont even go to the "Lair" very often, well as much as I would like!! so I hope you can come over for the Official opening, I might even be able to talk Don into coming over and have an holiday to open the place, now that would be Cool.

Take care Buddy
Space Ace Jas!!! :D
"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"

Col. Phil Bilko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 10:51:43 AM »
FINNY:  AMAZING collection, I wish you the very best on your opening. I hope you can get Don to pop over and show his support.

Oh since I am posting this I was gonna ask if you could scan in or get me some HIGH RES model material to aid me in my short film. (http://dragonslair-themovie.com) So I do not hijack this thread can you visit my thread related to the project.

Thanks..

Take care.

TamTam13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »
God !  :shock:
this is an impressive collection, really.
I mean, I have never been a huge fan of  DL or SA but this kind of work done by such passionate people really push me giving it a new try.
Thank you Nuno for giving us the opportunity to see that museum.
And thank you Finny for being so passionate.

misteriddler

• View Profile
    • INVADED !
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »
IMPRESSIVE !!!
Amazing meeting, amazing place, amazing collection !!!
Nice to see how Finny took all the time needed to share his passion with you... and with us.
Well ! The heaven is not si far !!!!!  :D  :wink:
Retrogaming is my way of life...

namfreak

• View Profile
Finny's Lair
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 02:34:35 PM »
Nice to see the photos of you guys together! I'm glad you have enjoyed visiting Jason's place as much as I have.
I see it's been evolving and has improved since I last visited him!
See you very soon Jase!

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 01:09:39 AM »
Simply amazing. I am so in awe.

DarthNuno you are so lucky to have gone.