www.dragonslairfans.com :: View topic - # BADTRIP # Touring Car Championship from SEGA...

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

# BADTRIP # Touring Car Championship from SEGA...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.dragonslairfans.com Forum Index -> Arcade Lifestyle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthNuno
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: # BADTRIP # Touring Car Championship from SEGA... Reply with quote

1st of august 2007... Pat is looking for a twin racing game for the kids (and I guess a little bit for him too Rolling Eyes ) ... and since few days, he was looking for such cab...

He found a Sega Touring Car in the North of Belgium.

OK, Tourning Car is maybe not the best racing game done by Sega, but it's a good game to start with, and he's sure that the kids will love it Razz

So, he asks me to come with him for his very first roadtrip Cool

I quickly prepare all the usual roadtrip stuff Surprised Arrow

And here's the Pat Lair, before the roadtrip of course ( see his gameroom right here Arrow http://www.arcadelifestyle.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277 ) :

...a last check before to leave ... does the van will be big enough to load the twin ?

...for statistics...

Have a look a this ... Pat is doing his very first roadtrip Surprised I know he doesn't like to drive, so I sure his motivation is the maximum Laughing

...never forget for what we're fighting for ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

...still in Belgium...

...yes... still in Belgium ...

We're close to Masstricht... well know for ...hum ... legal drugs Confused ...

Ok, on location... the seller is not present... only his Dad Embarassed

Strange... the cab is in a very dark room, and after few minutes, the 'seller' still not switch on the light Question

I'm asking for more light... and the game, supposed to be in a good state... is in a poor condition Confused

Pat saw only one picture before to come, and the seller said only few scratch on side arts... but as you can see, it's worst than few scratches Arrow

The game is working, exept the forcefeed back down on one cab, impossible to drive like that Shocked Crying or Very sad

Of course, after seeing all these problems, Pat is asking for a better price of course Confused

But the seller is not there. His dad is trying to contact him, but no luck Sad Sad Sad

SO... we leave Sad

Don't worry Pat... you'll found better game soon... Rolling Eyes Wink

Back to home Arrow

Strange to miss a cab on the first roadtrip... hopefully, we didn"t go to UK ... Wink ... we lose just an afternoon and some fuel... but hey, you'll find something better very soon Cool

(stay tuned Cool )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man.... that's suck a bummer, i would be so pissed off. in fact, i'm pissed off for you guys right now!!

i guess that is also a lesson learnt, never EVER go to that kind of extent if the seller is not prepared to take photos of the cab from every angle. i was telling this to the guys on Fred's website, when people sell me a PCB, not an entire cab, i ask for photos of the pcb so i can be the judge of its authenticity... as people often claim they are genuine when they are bootlegs, or when people hard solder really ugly adapters onto them, that is a right turn off for me...

hope you guys have better luck the next time, it was the right decision to walk away. maybe you should have taken a dump on their door step before you left... that'd be the Killercabs attitude to bad sellers...! Laughing
Sonic 1992

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Sorry to hear about the bad road trip. Best bet to leave it. I'll bet you will find another one in great shape Very Happy Very Happy

Another problem... Sometimes people have their own opinion of "good condition" What we consider good condition is no damage, good crisp monitor and maybe just a simple button swap or marquee replacement... to others its "plug it in in and play, that's all that matters"

The best thing out of this is just enjoying the ride out there. and lessons learned. I Definately wish you better luck on your next trip! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
arcadefever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad well, you guys made a good choice...
that cab was not worth it !!!

bext time Cool

www.arcadefever.net
http://spaceinvaders.7.forumer.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.dragonslairfans.com Forum Index -> Arcade Lifestyle All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: